Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
I have been disconnected since reset nothing been connected to viasat. I have been using my dsl. And what do you know since I haven’t even been connected to viasat since the data reset, the data usage has been 3.4 gb, and the nearest neighbors are 2 miles away. Like I Said THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMMMMM
Photo of Phillip Freeman

Phillip Freeman

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
Depends what you mean by "disconnected" - in the past if the modem has been inaccessible on the reset date (i.e. offline) - the usage counter doesn't reset until it reconnects.

But if it continues to accumulate data while "disconnected", then HMMMMM.  
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
If you have DSL and are not even using Viasat, hmmmm
Photo of Phillip Freeman

Phillip Freeman

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What I mean by disconnected is no electronics are connected in any way to the modem. And I went back to DSL when all my data was used up in the first week of having viasat.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
So the modem is still on (and showing online)? Plenty of conversations here that delve into how you can track down data usage - but you just indicated elsewhere you're fixing to cancel and pay early termination fees, so no point in pursuing it.   
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
That happens when you think you have an "unlimited" plan but in actuality you have a plan that offers 30 or 60 or up to 100GB of data and then after you use that data find you can't do anything but casual browsing of the internet.

Hey.  Didn't that plan exist in 2012 too? 
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
Must be the unlimited 3.4 GB plan...
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Well they did once offer the 7.5GB plan.  Hard to imagine!  Now I have a 14GB plan for my phone!
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
I remember that 7.5GB plan back in 2012. The speeds of 12 Mbps certainly were a welcome thing after those years on Wildblue where they seldom got to 1 Mbps. Somehow, we managed our data and survived, although I never did like that rolling 30 day data meter. Use a bunch in any one day, and it took weeks to get that meter back under control.