The Worst service provider on the planet.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
The Worst service provider on the planet.This has to be the worst internet service provider on the planet, i;m continuously overcharged by 30.00 dollars per month my internet speed is continuously capped and intentionally slowed down. I was promised 30 MBPS with no caps and NO SLOW DOWNS. IM charged 119.00 dollars a month and the internet is never used but magically i am always per their customer service using 300plus GBPM which is impossible. When on verizon wireless as a family of 4 we never exeeded the 10gb plan. So many service calls i lost count, and gave up trying, their customer service out of Puerto Rico does not speak good enough english to even get your point across. infuriating doesn't even cover it. Living in the country where i do their is really no other options at this time. considering legal action i have been charged thousands of dollars in the last 8 months for installation fees equipment fees and monthly service fees and literally cannot use my service and the company refuses to do anything about it. Currently it says i have used 792.6GB of usage since 10/19/2019 with no one connected to it. The service is so poor you can't even stream a video.
Photo of Ed Feldpausch

Ed Feldpausch

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Pissed Off

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 340 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Did you read the fine print? I am guessing the "over charge" of $30 is just the fact the introductory rate expired after 3 months. It is possible the reason your service is slowed to unusable is you keep going over your priority data and then getting your speeds slowed by Viasat.

Something else connected to router is using your data or someone is poaching your signal. Do you have satellite TV by chance? Many in here have complained that the Directv installer hooked into their internet and it burned through data like no tomorrow.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
I can't get over a family of 4 using less than 10GB in a month. After reading that I question everything posted.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 340 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
You could get by on 10 GB if you had dial up day habits. It was back in the early days of DSL I had a cousin who had 3 kids, from like 8-14, he did not allow them to watch any TV or listen to the radio. Entertainment was playing sports, board games and reading books. Fortunately he lived where it was warm and sunny 10 months out of the year. You never know, they did not have internet or cell phones and a lot of people had already had those items for 5 years on average.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
But this is 2019 :).

I myself use over 10GB a month on my mobile device. And I am not exactly a heavy user.

Whether it is over the top praise of Viasat or stating a lot of questionable statements about the service, I questions both for accurracy.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 340 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
0.00 GB used. That is what I used on my mobile device in 20 days. They are probably rounding down as I have received about a dozen or so texts. I am sure I have used a little. It is 2019 and I have a flip phone and am self-employed. I would probably still have a phone half the size of a brick if it wasn't destroyed when I dove off an embankment because of an out of control car when at the side of the road with a flat motorcycle tire 20 years ago.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
I dont know many kids that use flip phones. But it is good for calling, not really for texting much.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3176 Posts
  • 2042 Reply Likes
@Ed Feldpausch... You stated  "I was promised 30 MBPS with no caps and NO SLOW DOWNS."

What plan are you on? I don'r remember any Viasat plans like that?

You really should set a  good third party router with traffic monitoring capabilities so you can see what devices are using your data. 300 GB in a month is pretty excessive unless your system is being used for streaming or massive file downloads.

You should immediately change your wireless access password and not give it out to anyone unless you know they won't be using large data amounts.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
Viasat did have some weird "up to" 30Mbps Gold plan, but as we all know, speeds are never guaranteed.

While I obviously will not be juvenile and call a poster names, I do question a lot of what the OP stated.
Photo of Rita Beeman

Rita Beeman

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Me too they lie and I’m stuck for almost two years. Now
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
Not really. $15/month for each month remaining will get you out of the contract. If you got viable internet alternatives, pay the fee and move on. You will be better off.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 340 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Still, while less damage if you have alternatives, something is wrong coughing up to a $345 cancellation fee for a service that never met minimal needs.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3518 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
It does appear that the charge is the 3 month promo we offer expired. We have not offered anything beyond 3 months (this can be verified on viasat.com/internet) any additional offers will need to be addressed personally. 

I think the best route for you is to contact us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll help you out