The internet speed slowing down after the first month service

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old post

On the first month im using exede the speed are excellent 10 Mb or above speed. But after that its have been really slow sometimes 2 Mb and max 5 Mb.

The weather its not the problem, the sky clear or bad the speed are stay slow no matter what.
Photo of Ary Menaka

Ary Menaka

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • annoyed & disappointed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Your at the right place, you need to get Kim or someone to check it out. These are good people and will help you.
Photo of Me the customer

Me the customer

• 41 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
She said she would help me.  Never did!
Photo of Ary Menaka

Ary Menaka

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Who is Kim?
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Ary, I am Kim. (: I am a Social Media rep here at Exede. I work along with Exede Emerald and Exede Karmin here on the forum. We can always be reached at exedelistens@viasat.com for help with any issues that may arise. If you can send me your information, I am happy to look into this for you.
Photo of Me the customer

Me the customer

• 41 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
This is the same thing that happened to me.  So, Kim said she would help.  She never did.  Who turned my dish on my roof after the first month?  Hmmmm?
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Me the customer, I never addressed your service issues but would be happy to. (: The email correspondence we had was to address the issue regarding the rep who had made you scared for your life and from my correspondence on here, we know that that was sent straight to our Corporate office to be handled properly. Thank you for being persistent with your posts so that I may help.
Photo of Kay Holliday

Kay Holliday

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Dear Ary, So sorry for your poor service. I have had the same problem and so has my daughter as a matter of fact today is my last day for wildblue service it sucks bad. Would not recommend it to anyone at all. I am paying to get out of my 2yr contract and getting something that actually works. It is like I pay my bill on the 24th of the month and that day service is great. The next day guess what I have slow internet service and its like dial up. The price is double of what I am getting now and a whole lot better of service. Oh ya and if you move did they tell you that your 2yr contract starts over I had the service for about 3 months and than I moved and Lord and behold my 2yr contract started all over again. Hummm My daughter is like me she pays the bill and service great first day than next day back to dial up. This internet service is a total rip off and should be reported to the better business bureau. Oh ya they ripped me off for the last 3 months as well cuz they said as long as I had the directv I would get $10.00 off my bill haha haven't gotten that back either. So everyone that has this service I feel for ya. 
Photo of JK

JK

• 42 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
It's worth is to terminate their service early, because it is an existing problem with them, which is poor technical support and slow internet connection, worse then dial up ever was.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Not to me, I get good service and excellent service from this forum.
Photo of Russell Deihs

Russell Deihs

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
mine was terrible...thus no more
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Kay, I am here to help. Please send your information to exedelistens@viasat.com and I will take a look into this for you to see what's going on. Thank you for posting your experience.
Photo of Ary Menaka

Ary Menaka

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Ary, what does your modem status report? The Rx SNR should be at least 5.0, Cable Resistance under 5.0 ohms, and Cable Attenuation mid range or lower on the graph. Also, are there any modem status indicators that are not a green check mark on the TRIA page? You can see your modem status at http://192.168.100.1/?page=modemStatus
Also, send an email to one of the Exede Social Media people at exedelistens@viasat.com  They are really good at looking into your situation and getting to the bottom of what is going on.
Photo of Ary Menaka

Ary Menaka

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Ary, I can't see any problems with your numbers. Exede Kimberly or one or the other Social Media reps are going to have to help you out on your problem. Thanks for posting your modem status, and have a great Holiday. I hope they can get your connection fixed up soon so you can get back to good speeds and enjoying your internet.
Photo of Ary Menaka

Ary Menaka

• 18 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
So slowwwww
Photo of Joe Riels

Joe Riels

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What is the dish mounted on? Roof, brick wall, pole? To me, your Ping is screaming an alignment problem or something blocking the signal like trees.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been informed this evening that slow speeds are not exceeds fault. Read the contract.  He basically said slow speeds are the customers fault by trying to use the service during peak times.  He said to call back if slow speeds are experienced during non-peak times.  
Photo of Jakster Jammin

Jakster Jammin

• 69 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Yeah, to bad that when you want to use the internet it's during peak times, and it's "your fault" that you work during the day then want to use the internet when you get home between 5pm and 2am), so to resolve this issue quit your job, and then you can use the internet during non-peak times. LOL

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.