Thanks to Viasat - I am going to be cycling to help others suffering with multiple sclerosis

• Praise
  • Updated 6 days ago
This post probably doesn't belong here, but technically it was because of my reliable Viasat internet connection that I was able to sign up for this fundraiser.

A friend of mine has MS and I am riding in this fund raiser because of him.

Here is the info if anyone is interested in it.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/ALCBikeEvents?px=16998641&pg=personal&fr_i...

Our goal—a world free of MS.

I've signed up for Bike MS—a fundraising ride that is changing the lives of people affected by MS and helping fuel progress toward a world free of MS. I'd love your support as I prepare for this incredible experience.

I am preparing to go the distance for MS. It will take training, preparation and ongoing commitment from hundreds of other people and thousands of cyclists all over the country. What will really put power in my pedals is your support and commitment to those impacted by MS. Every mile we ride brings us closer to our goal—a world free of MS.

Please support me today.

I've set an ambitious goal because I know that with support from people like you we can get there. The money raised will help fund amazing progress in MS research, as well as services that ensure people affected by MS can live their best lives. This cause is really important to me, so I hope you will help me end MS forever.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1058 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 799 Posts
  • 465 Reply Likes
I, personally, thank you for this.  

When I was a kid our Elementary School had an annual Read-A-Thon for MS.  I would often cheat, saying that I finished a book when I really didn't.  Little did I know that the gods took notice, and years later the irony of my cheating would affect me in a way I never imagined.  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1058 Reply Likes
A big thanks goes out to everyone that has donated.  The bike ride starts early this Saturday morning.   So far I am at $300 of my $500 goal to raise funds for people affected by MS.

If you haven't made a donation, please consider it.  Even a $10 donation makes a big difference.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 799 Posts
  • 465 Reply Likes
Timing.  :( 

If it's still open to donations on the 3rd I'll be happy to help.  :)  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1058 Reply Likes
That's definitely understandable. The MS Society is always in need of support and can always accept donations at their website.
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 84 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
Good luck!  I used to ride for MS every year.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 293 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Good cause, so many charities need support.  I know i ran for Special Olympics for about 20 years and every run was between 15 and 22 miles, ran every step.  I also still run for March of Dimes, Heart Fund, and a military run, Run for the Fallen.  Hope you all raise plenty of money.

(Edited)