Thank you very little

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I just want to thank Viasat from the bottom of my rectum for slowing me down so badly Saturday afternoon and evening. I was unable to help my neighbor, who doesn't have home internet, do security updates on his phone because my speeds were so slow. Looking forward to the LEO services so I can tell you goodbye forever.

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2814 Posts
  • 1466 Reply Likes
What plan are you on and how much priority data have you used for your current billing cycle?
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
You know what plan I'm on. I've only used 4% of my data for the month.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
Being on the 150GB Freedom plan, it doesnt matter how much data you have used. They can slow you down anytime for any reason. But of course, that is their contractual right. Right???
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2814 Posts
  • 1466 Reply Likes
That’s why I don’t like Viasat anymore.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
That's why several proponents on here of Viasat are no longer!
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 159 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
+1  No longer here.   Viasat may fill a need but it's sure getting hard to like them.  Their biggest problem seems to be that even though you sign up for a 20 Mb plan, there is no guarantee or assurance your speeds will be say 80% of that for 80% of the time.  As long as speeds are >0 they feel their obligations are met.  It is after all "up to'. 
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I'm very close to cancelling and either going with HN or Dishnet. At least with Dish I can get a discount.

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1560 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
If I get satellite again (because my wireless is underperforming lately), that's what I would move to. A few others on here made that move and are satisfied.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
My days with Viasat are numbered. I'll never recommend them again to any of my rural neighbors.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.