terrible

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
I would not recommend this service to anyone. I called to inquire about service and the saleswoman guaranteed me it was a brand new unlimited plan and during peak hours it would never drop below 5 mps. down, not even close to being true. I asked if her if she was sure several times and she confirmed yes. During peak hours it slows between .17 to .33 which are completely unusable internet speeds. Not able open a facebook page. Can't listen to simple audio files, forget about videos. even 188p will not play. When I call, everytime I hear oh we're sorry the salesperson told you that. All I get is, we understand your frustration, do you want to buy more data? No I want what I was promised. I feel deceived. .17 is not usable, which means unlimited is very limited. I would be happy with 1 meg down in a world where 25 megs is slow. Seems business' these days just redefine words to suit their needs, which seems to be money grabbing. Not once were any plans discussed, at one point after I called about slow speed I was told I should've went online and looked at the plans? Really? your sales team doesn't know what they are selling? Trying to email customer support is as bad as the phone calls, just goes round and round in circles and no one will answer one simple question, do you think .17 to .33 is a useable internet speed. Maybe someone will respond to this in a straightforward manner.
Photo of Larry Wolff

Larry Wolff

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1445 Posts
  • 810 Reply Likes

Larry...

I don't know how long you have had this service but tonight (3-27-18) there is something amiss at Viasat. Everybody's speed is down across the country as reported in this thread HERE.
This problem apparently started yesterday and got worse tonight. 

If this has been an on-going problem for you, send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com explaining your situation and include your account number a contact information.  You should hear back from them within 24 hours.

Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
unlimited bronze 12 plan myself sucks  2 am tll 10am  am good 11pm till 1am dial up service basically 0.2 0.3 0.25 and sometimes  1.0 if am lucky shannon williams  at 90 dollars a month disappointmented seriously too much for slow speeds yes i am on all day yes i stay in the country but am on all day cause am bored in county and handicapped no data caps yeah right  and am on unlimited thats not capped too much money for dialup  effect 7 -9 hours  of slow speeds  o n a satellite that i heard satellite internet was faster than brand broad i dont see it speed needs improvements  for 90 dollars a month on dialup like speeds 6 to 7 hours  monthly 
Photo of Larry Wolff

Larry Wolff

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Nope it's consistently slow for over a month everyday during Peak hours it goes down to between .17 and .33. Thanks for your reply though. I would have cancelled the first day if there was any other option. I feel stuck.
Photo of Larry Wolff

Larry Wolff

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
thanks, I will.
Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
unlimited bronze 12 plan myself sucks  2 am tll 10am  am good 11pm till 1am dial up service basically 0.2 0.3 0.25 and sometimes  1.0 if am lucky shannon williams  at 90 dollars a month disappointmented seriously too much for slow speeds yes i am on all day yes i stay in the country but am on all day cause am bored in county and handicapped no data caps yeah right  and am on unlimited thats not capped too much money for dialup  effect 7 -9 hours  of slow speeds  o n a satellite that i heard satellite internet was faster than brand broad i dont see it speed needs improvements  for 90 dollars a month on dialup like speeds 6 to 7 hours  monthly 
Photo of Larry Wolff

Larry Wolff

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I agree. it's like they keep selling seats to a sold out show, no more room on their satellite. Out of the 20 plus times I contacted them I get the same reply, we're sorry your disappointed with your service, would like to buy more data. They are lying and they know it. False advertising for sure, I keep flooding their help lines and am going to report to the B.B.B..
Photo of Andrea Chavarria

Andrea Chavarria

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
I was also told numerous times no data caps unlimited. I bought this garbage internet a week ago and I call to complain and tech support says yes ma'am you have unlimited but after 40 gigs you can be throttled but if you would like you can buy more data.. that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.. This internet is garbage and i would rather have a phone line dial up.. I'm going to call the attorney general's office and B.B.B. This company is a scam and should be sued!
Photo of Larry Wolff

Larry Wolff

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes, At the very least they are deceptive. I refuse to call them anymore, I can't stand to listen to some no mind reading a piece of paper to me. I typed a letter asking if they think .17 to .33 is usable internet speed and they will not answer me. So I keep sending the exact same letter asking them to answer one question and they won't. The 2nd time I send the same letter they close the problem ticket and refuse to answer, so I open another one. yesterday was the first day of the new billing period and I still am below 1 meg. see that was problem all month, I was over the 40 gigs. what about now when I'm under 1 gig? I would consider what they are doing is stealing.You know how much people like thieves. I promise I will not stop asking why they are stealing from me. Maybe one day they will get sick of me and cancel my account. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. I notice they read these reviews and ask different complainers to get a hold of them, have you noticed they are steering clear of this one?