Terrible Customer service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
What a joke. It usually takes me 20 days to use my 10 GB but this time they claim they reset my useage and somehow I used 16 GB in less that 24 hrs and I spent no time on the internet. I called them and talked to a girl that seemed nice but was not skilled enough to be in customer service. It was like talking to a wall. She was unwilling to address my complaint so I asked to speak to the Manager. She put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back on and told me I was next and put me on hold another 10 minutes. She came back on and told me she needed to get my info so they could call me back. Well this was nothing but a lie because they never called me back which I suspected was going to happen. So they screwed me out of a month of high speed but charged me 60 dollars. I asked her how this could happen and she said it could be my router eating data with not computer turned on. If these clowns don't have a clue they shouldn't be giving advice.
Photo of gagat

gagat

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1872 Posts
  • 1082 Reply Likes
Viasatlistens@viasat.com. Include your issue and account number.
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 199 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
If you believe that your customer service rep is incompetent, hang up and call again. It is a probability game. My experiences with customer service have been very good. They were in Costa Rica but were easy to understand. They were polite, appeared caring, and helpful.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1067 Posts
  • 514 Reply Likes
gagat,

As ExSat said, please email us so we can look into it!  

Some things to look into while waiting for our reply, is your wireless network open, or does it have a password?  If it has a password, change it, to ensure there are no devices connected without your knowledge.  Those devices you do have connected, make sure they aren't running programs in the background that eat data.  Make sure your antivirus and malware programs are up to date, and get an adblocker on your browser.

10 GB is not a lot of data these days.  2-3 movies can run through that easily, not to mention software updates on phones, laptops, gaming systems, smart TVs, etc.  Once we have your account, we can take a look, but depending on which modem you have, what information we can find can be very limited.