Tech is coming out to troubleshoot but...

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
So out of the blue a week ago, my internet just went out.  After trying to troubleshoot and working with the awesome rep (please give her lots of kudos, she was awesome), it was determined that a technician needs come out and save the day.

As I'm waiting for that to happen this Friday.  I completely forgot that I had even called ages ago asking about rewiring the sat, to move the modem with my router to another building on the property.  Since a tech is coming out anyway, do I need to call again to update the service request, or just surprise it on them when they arrive?  I realize that would entail an extra charge, and am totally fine with that.
Photo of olysounder89

olysounder89

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Anniem05

Anniem05

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I would call and tet them know.  Courtesy, so they can budget accurately time and people required to do the job and materials and equipment required to do the job.  It may sound simple but if the dish is mounted on a pole that pole is mounted in concrete.  They will need concrete and a new pole probably to relocate the dish in that case - just an example.  
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Anniem is correct. When I had Viasat I had 3 tech visits for connectivity problems, one of them showed up in a small car with a laptop and a briefcase an electronic tech would carry. Same problem, next guy shows up in a utility bed truck with two ladders and every tool under the sun. All techs are not created equal.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 322 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
I have had customers ask what I am driving because they had concerns about road conditions I would encounter.

I tell them I would be driving a 63 Buick - which yields a pregnant pause.
(wish I could see their face)

No, I have a Tacoma, no worries...
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
63 Buick? Between the back seat and the trunk I bet it has as much cargo space as a short bed pick up.