Taking action

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
After 48mins on hold, limits have been reached.
Viasat is absolutely the most horrid consumer experience I have ever encountered. A 30yr veteran in retail management, I have a little insight as to what an acceptable level is based on service, demand and regulatory factors. Viasat/Excede fails at all levels of delivery a product to a consumer.
I have submitted an email as well as completed a thorough and detailed survey with no response after 10 business days.
I will be contacting Texas SAG, Texas PUC, FCC and FTC with logs, names and screenshots pertaining to the failure in providing contracted services. Legalese can only protect them for so long.
I hope someone is listening
Photo of ultimate consumer

ultimate consumer

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated and victimized by the very essence of what is wrong with corporate America. Viasat is a shining example of why this country has issues, corporate greed and lack of accountability

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1204 Posts
  • 746 Reply Likes
What exactly are your issues with the actual internet service?
(Edited)
Photo of Russell Hiler

Russell Hiler

• 3 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have audio recordings of customer service lying to me. I have pics also. I am prepared to go to court. Class action lawsuit......

Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I am pretty sure nothing can be done or it already would have, probably better to channel your energy elsewhere. Keep checking for alternative internet services, wireless networks are expanding rapidly in many areas. I believe most internet providers are pretty notorious for poor customer service.

I would say of all the internet services I have had, the one I thought was the most reliable and had good customer service was the DSL I had from the late 90's to 2004. Before that I had dial-up and refusing to use AOL providers in my area came and went with the wind. AOL was evil, the install discs came with software that made it very difficult to use another service if you dumped them
I then went from DSL to cable when I moved across town where it was available. There were constant outages and Charter cable would constantly lie and say there wasn't and try to sign you up for a service call for a fee. I lived in an area with high winds and Charter had their cabling in the area hung from telephone poles.

Then I moved across country and was stuck with Viasat My Viasat service was about as poor as it could get, few on this forum got slower speeds than I. Finally Verizon Wireless became available, still they aren't that great. Only the manager at the local Verizon store has any knowledge, if the other employees don't know the answer to a question they just make something up. Tech support while USA based is hit and miss, some of them are downright rude. When I questioned whether my area was suffering from congestion recently I was told "That is proprietary information."  Pretty sure I am getting slower speeds recently due to the mass of people that fled Viasat and Hughnet.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 990 Posts
  • 490 Reply Likes
Ultimate Consumer, 

I searched, but could not find an email from you, at least using the email you registered with on this forum.  Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com.  Any other email address will not reach us.  

In your email, please include your account information, as well as an explanation of the issues you're encountering.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.