sucks

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, I am returning your unit it seems to be way behind, on technology, Your customer care is the worst, Service rep never returned with new modem, leaving me with bad internet service, I went back to AT&T DSL Services What took 3-4 weeks to install should of been a clue, of your services, Since nobody could provide me with a date to repair I called AT&T Guess What they came out the next day and service was ready to go and I'm only paying less then half, I think after a week and nobody called to come out, its only fair that I return your junk, and we both walk away, it's unreal to consider that I pay for early cancellation, I provide enough time to fix this , I lost a lot of money due to a failing system, Please note not worth a crap for gamming Good Bye !!
Photo of Ron Taylor

Ron Taylor

• 0 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Ron Taylor

Ron Taylor

• 0 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, I am returning your unit it seems to be way behind, on technology, Your customer care is the worst, Service rep never returned with new modem, leaving me with bad internet service, I went back to AT&T DSL Services What took 3-4 weeks to install should of been a clue, of your services, Since nobody could provide me with a date to repair I called AT&T Guess What they came out the next day and service was ready to go and I'm only paying less then half, I think after a week and nobody called to come out, its only fair that I return your junk, and we both walk away, it's unreal to consider that I pay for early cancellation, I provide enough time to fix this , I lost a lot of money due to a failing system, Please note not worth a crap for gamming Good Bye !!
Photo of jmleewong .

jmleewong .

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am so glad that I subscribed to this blog prior to switching ISP's.  I think I may have read one or two reviews for good service the rest have been negative.  I believe that everyone who subscribes to viasat should join together in a class action suit! Make them fix it or shut it down.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2720 Posts
  • 1421 Reply Likes
Why on earth would I want to join a class action lawsuit? My service is perfect.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Sure......
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 478 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
It's far from perfect
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1945 Posts
  • 1200 Reply Likes
"Viacrap" and "Tim Spake",

You have Stephen Rice's service?  I wonder if he's aware of that.  
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 478 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
8:56PM 700Kbps download unlimited silver plan, says up to 25 Mbps used 13.5 GB
(Edited)
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
It can be as fast as it wants to, doesn’t make it perfect.
Photo of Aron L 43

Aron L 43

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We pay $110 dollar a month, and I couldnt even stream 240p videos on youtube. Download speed at 0.10mpbs when two people using it.. This is robbery.. And I couldnt cancel it cuz now i have to pay $300 more dollars for cancelation cuz of the contract.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2720 Posts
  • 1421 Reply Likes
I am paying for up to 12 mbps.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
I am paying for 12 mbps

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2720 Posts
  • 1421 Reply Likes
No, you are paying for up to 12 mbps.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3127 Posts
  • 2012 Reply Likes
Over 650,000 subscribers and only a handful of people complaining, most because satellite internet is just not as good as ground based ISP providers.

Satellite internet is aimed at those who have no other options available.

I have been using Wildblue/Viasat for 11 years and have absolutely no problems with my service.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
“Satellite internet is aimed at those who have no other options available.” And that’s why they rip us off.
(Edited)
Photo of Aron L 43

Aron L 43

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I know right. This is robbery
Photo of jmleewong .

jmleewong .

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
...sounds as if they are complaining that they are not receiving what they pay for! I get the "up to" 25 but 1 is nowhere near 25.  Wonder if you would be so relaxed if you were in their position? not really sure but doubtful!
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3127 Posts
  • 2012 Reply Likes
Signing up for satellite internet is an option, no one ever held a gun to your head and forced you into getting it. 
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I'm confused...

jmleewong said 4 days ago, "I am so glad that I subscribed to this blog prior to switching ISP's."

Was there a gun involved after all or did he simply choose poorly after reviewing this "blog"? 
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Nevermind... I think I probably understand it now.

When jmleewong said "I get the up to 25 Mbps" what he probably meant is I understand the up to 25 Mbps. He doesn't appear to be a subscriber so he's not speaking from personal experience but rather from what he's reading here.

Sound about right jmleewong?
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Why would I want to join a class action, thus violating the agreement I signed with Viasat when I enjoy my service. 15 years now and, so far not a single problem that could not be easily fixed with a phone call or service call.

We download, stream, upload, game, bank, shop and more online and no problem doing it all.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 478 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I am the exact opposite, nothing but crap speeds for 3 years, lied to over and over. No end in site
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 307 Posts
  • 196 Reply Likes
I am in between, of course I dont download and stream due to my data cap, but I am able to handle my "needs" online ... most times.  My complaint is my service getting worse and worse the last 3 years.  I never saw 12 or above 4 years ago, which didnt affect me BUT I NEVER SAW BELOW 1 EITHER!  I stayed on the 10G plan because there was basically no difference between my regular and restricted speeds.  I honestly felt like I had "unlimited" and had the attitude, why pay for more "priority data" if Im only going to get it at restricted speed anyhow?

NOW,  my priority speed during "peak usage" is painfully slow, pages and pics take forever to load.  Slower than my restricted speeds 4 years ago!!   Now my restricted speed ... FORGET IT!  From 5AM when my free zone ends until midnight, I do not see 1 Mbps, during "peak" you might as well shut the computer down and walk away, many requests time out before they load.  OH, and now I have these lovely redirects every so often to "inform" me I am over data, they dont seem to have an issue loading, but it funny how clicking "proceed" at the bottom INSTANTLY loads your original request.  YES, getting redirected to a Viasat page, then to your original request takes less time than waiting for it to load naturally.

I play a social media game (Forge of Empires) that involves fighting and one challenge that  "should" have taken 30 - 45 seconds on auto attack took me 38 MINUTES!  Wait for the challenge screen to load, wait for the map to load, wait for the battlefield to load, wait for the troops to load .... IT WAS SICKENING!  

I dont want "better" or "new" I want the service I loved 5 years ago back!
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 478 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
But you are getting "up to" 25Mbps, might as well be up to 100Mbps since it's always been a lie for many of us.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 307 Posts
  • 196 Reply Likes
Tim,  NO I get "up to" 12 Mbps.  My regular speeds were 4 to 8 and my restricted speeds were 2 to 5 there was little difference.

Now my peak speeds run 1 to 4 and restricted is BELOW 1.

Think I would be even more upset if I was promised "up to" 25, but they dont offer that here, which brings me  back to .......

THEY KNOW THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM ON MY BEAM!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I know what you mean, I happen to be grandfathered on a VS1 25 Mbps plan and, I do see that and faster most of the time but, new customers or, if I were to change plans here, only the 12 Mbps VS2 Liberty plans are available.

I suspect quite a few beams are like that now. I just hope Viasat 3 changes it for the better.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 307 Posts
  • 196 Reply Likes
They only offered 25 here for a VERY short time.  About the same SHORT time they offered unlimited.  From what Ive heard there is no VS2 beam directed here.  I can switch to a 12 Liberty plan, but it says they are not taking new subscribers here again.

With no viable options here I am stuck.  I WANT to hope VS3 will bring change for the better, but alas I am still suffering the "let down" after the long wait for VS2.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Tim, lmao. Roasted all of these shills.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Same here, the plan I'm on was offered for 3-4 days here. Now it's all 12 Mbps plans on VS2, that's one of the large beam only areas, not the sweet little spot beams that deliver 100 Mbps plans.

I'm still on VS1 and, very happy to stay where I am for now. We'll see what VS3 and beyond brings in the coming decade or so.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1930 Posts
  • 1190 Reply Likes
I can still get the Unlimited Gold 30 plan here, but I don't know what type of beam it would be on.  I think I would go with the Unlimited Silver 25 plan, though, due to the price of the Gold 30 plan being too high for me.  
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 431 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes

Works great for me!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1930 Posts
  • 1190 Reply Likes
Wow.  Very nice.  
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Why does it say multi connections
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 307 Posts
  • 196 Reply Likes
How come Nathan gets a beam all to himself??    LMFAO
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Viasat-2 high density spot beams available to very few across the country.