Packet loss?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm having bad packet loss this evening. Need someone to take a look.
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
I believe this is often associated with congestion.  Too many users on your beam competing for the uplink.  It may be temporary do to some maintenance function on Exede's end, but if it is due to congestion, not much can be done in the near future (other than it will improve for different times of the day).
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3137 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
Hello Timmy
Like Craig said congestion could be one of the possibilities, but it could also be a number of other things. We can take a look at it if you email your information to exedelistens@viasat.com and/or if you contact our tier 2 support as it's happening they could do a few things as it's happening to try to relieve it (if congestion is the issue).
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Hey now, it was Jep that said congestion (proper credit where it's due and all).  I deal with angry subscribers.   ;o)
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3137 Posts
  • 1109 Reply Likes
multiple tabs open...sorry
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Yep, another over-worked and hopefully not underpaid Exede employee.
Photo of luvtodrum

luvtodrum

• 37 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

I am having a high percentage of packet loss according to tech support from my wireless company.

I was blaming them and it is Exede all along !! It is really bad at night. I can unplug my extender and my calls are crystal clear. Plug it back in and go thru the internet and you can not understand the other party at all, cutting in and out so bad. Of course, it is not Excede`s fault !! It is always the customer`s or the third party is what I get.

Of course she said there were no issues this morning when I called. I told her, wait till the internet traffic picks up later. At night, I can`t understand the other party at all !!!

They want you to use their voice calling products but I get a better price and service from what I have now !!

I will be so glad when another company finally makes their way to where we live so we can change providers with faster speeds and lower pricing !!!

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2256 Posts
  • 428 Reply Likes
Hi
Iuvtodrum, I'm sorry you are having issue and I would be frustrated as well if
I could not hear my callers. Please send your account and contact information
to exedelistens@viasat.com. I would love to review your account and how
your voice service is set up. I'm sure this can be corrected. Thanks 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.