Speeds after 150GB used on Unlimited Silver

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
So, while this is marked a problem that is merely because it is the closest thing to what it could be appropriately marked as out of the 4 options, I understand very well why this is this way lol. 

Speeds after using a little over 200GB (http://prntscr.com/hhitju) have been about the same as I got during Prime Time while on Liberty 10, which isn't fun obviously, but I suppose 200GB is the cut off point for people on my beam lol. 

http://testmy.net/1lX89uqcE.png
http://testmy.net/duehJ7CQy.png <--Here's some speed tests with a download size of 256KB

For better accuracy here's one using a 12MB download size: http://testmy.net/9AJ2Tq4XC.png

So, for those who might be curious about what speeds you *might* be able to expect when over the 150GB threshold, here ya go.  Clearly this is not a broad, will affect everyone sort of thing obviously it depends on beam stuff and blah blah blah.  Anyways, yet again I'm not really complaining, while it does suck that it is about the same as before right now I understand with the new plans people have probably flooded it even more, so prime time now is far worse than pre-unlimited plans prime time.  The new satellite should alleviate this a good deal, so I'm still looking forward to that a lot lol.
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 137 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3076 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Marika, there is also some weather moving in on our gateway tonight, so that may also be a factor. my speeds are down for what they usually are this time of evening too. Looks like the beam is a bit busy and, there is a bit of weather at our gateway. (Not over my 150 GB, getting 8 Mbps, usually around 15 Mbps at this hour on a weeknight.)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 137 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Ah i see, that makes sense cause it's only been like this for the past 2 days. 
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Lol
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Yea. It’s not really a top notch deal right now. Hopefully in a few months.....
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2260 Posts
  • 1966 Reply Likes
Agree.  The only reason I would upgrade to an "unlimited" plan and be throttled down to 480 or 720p is to stream more during the month.  Being cut off of streaming after 150gigs is no better than the Freedom plan.  This needs to improve or there will be a lot of  upset people.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3076 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Well, the weather has cleared at our gateway and, I'm back to 22 Mbps down so, at least for me, that's all it was.

Marika, I hope you're seeing better speeds today as well (same beam as me)
Photo of Marika

Marika

• 137 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
My data reset last night, so I can't tell whether it was data related or weather related, but my last speed test said 15mbps download speed, so about normal for me.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2244 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Marika,  If you would like any additional information please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. We're here to help.
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

Alright, something better than an simple "like" has to be done here.

Here we see again, Viasat reaching out to customers that even might  have a problem with their service. 

Diana, again I say....  You are one of the Best.

Oh, while I'm here...  I submitted a problem to you about my account page never finishing loading.  Bev advised to at least try the Sparrow Browser and "Wadda ya know" it works perfectly.  Problem solved.  Thanks for sending that situation up through the channels, it's just Firefox, it's got issues.

Photo of Marika

Marika

• 137 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Yeah, I've noticed on here the Viasat Employees are very attentive and try to help as much as possible, great work guys it's appreciated.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3076 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Diana is great, she's helped me with a few things that phone reps told me couldn't be done but, Diana got them done.

All of the employees here are great about helping us out, even when we get upset and give Viasat what for via their inbox over there - right guys? xD
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2244 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi,  Thank you for the kudos.  It is very much appreciated!  We are here to support you all!  Enjoy your weekend!