Speed concerns

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
DO NOT USE EXEDE, most crappy service and speed.. pay for 25 mbps, $115 a month, and get 5 mbps. I would go Cell phone hot spot route.. much faster and cheaper.. ALSO, Cell networks dont con you into a NO TRIAL DATE contract and force you to pay early termination fee's.

BEWARE
Photo of William helm

William helm

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Pissed off

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Yep ! Your telling the truth, I have the unlimited 12 plan, only been a customer for less than 30 days. After 3 weeks of amazing internet. Download speeds of up to 19.2
Upload up to 4.5, all of the sudden 26 days in, my speeds crash to 1.9 downlown
And 0.21 upload, I cant even fill out a form on my computer.im not over 100 gb
Support says that everything is working , that there is traffic on my beam! They think im stupid? The switched transponders and now verizon telephone line was better than what I have now! Feeling riped and lied too from yet another corperation
Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Shannon Williams

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
unlimited bronze 12 
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I understand yhe speeds, but are you able to stream video
And use multiple devices? Really I'm just wanting yo be able to use my internet. Thanks for thd picture, thats about what im getting.
Photo of Tracey Johnson

Tracey Johnson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Doesn’t the bronze 12 plan have a 40gb cap , not 100g before it prioritizes though(that’s what it says on the websight, bronze @40gb—gold plan @100gb) ? Are you over 40gb and could that be the issue since it worked great for 3weeks? Honestly curious because I’m in internet hell right now, my mobile hotspot that was okay, not great ...but okay...has become unusable so I’m considering Viasat but am leery since no remorse period.
Photo of WoodyStrokerCat .

WoodyStrokerCat .

• 60 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Yeah, Viasat has became a joke.
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I've tested and unplugged everything so many times it not funny, it doesnt help
Try and take a speed test often and see what it says. Just type speed test in your browser and a standard test will come up abd its free
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
1.9 download is enough to do most anything. Including stream video. Stop worrying about speed tests and just use the service.
Photo of .

• 178 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
There's more to it than download speed.  You could do a speed test and get 5 meg (or 2, whatever), maybe pings look normal.  But, click on a link to open a regular web page, you could get up, get a cup of coffee, come back, and the page still not be fully loaded (or timed out).  Reading into what the OP is saying, I'm guessing things like that are going on.

When I left Wildblue in '12, that's what was going on, but the congestion was much worse, often down  to 0.1 meg or less (from 0.5).  When Exede 5 first launched, same thing went on, it was VERY glitchy right away, downloads failing, pages not loading, and then they closed the beam in a short amount of time just as that sorted out.  Still doesn't work the best, people leave Exede 5 for Hughesnet (which works, not well, but marginally better at least, for now).
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I could see Hughesnet being better than Exede 5.

Hopefully those people that have only had that available to them can get on Viasat-2.
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I agree with what your saying , except at this time I cant stream netflix, fill out a form on my desk top, it lags to bad, or play a simple game on my tablet. So im paying a lot. All im asking is for what im supposed to get for the money. Thanks for thhe input.

Shannon Williams

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I hear that man it feels like that too
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Im on the unlimited gold 12 plan , 100gb priority. Look I dont want to bash this company but for 3 weeks everything was fine not one problem, im only at81gb with 4 days to go before the bill is due. Suddenly their telling me that there is massive traffic on my beam. They will try to clear it up.. all during the day my internet is almost unusable. Web surfing only. No streaming or multi devices. It only work normal from 2 am untill around 6 am then goes back the same as before. Honestly I
Had verizon telephone line crap before, and at this point getting better internet from them. I dont want these problems, I live in the country and just want decent internet!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
What is your general location Dave? Some beams are very congested at times.

Shannon Williams

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Me too country and same time issue nice post
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
About 70 miles east of Pittsburgh in the country no major cities around
Photo of Tracey Johnson

Tracey Johnson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks David....I misunderstood (didn’t realize that the comment about Bronze 12 was from another person). I feel your pain on just wanting decent internet !! I’m getting ready to switch my cell phones from AT&T to Verizon because my ATT service has been horrible at my home (I had to install an expensive booster to make calls) but it leaves me with a delimia re: internet. I’m currently using an ATT Homebase for internet on a “rural” 250gb plan for only $60/mo. Up until recently, it has worked fine averaging about 5mbps...which sucks but is adequate to stream and surf . For the past two weeks, my speed has degraded to ~ .04mbps during waking hours making it unusable. I live on acreage just a couple miles outside of a densely populated area and ATT towers that service my home just can’t handle that kind of traffic. Verizon works fantastic at my home with speeds 40-50 Mbps but they don’t have a data plan to meet my needs (15gb cap before throttle on hotspots isn’t going to cut it and the data only plans are prohibitively expensive) Ugggh. I really don’t want satellite internet, all I’ve heard is bad.... I do so wish there was a trial period.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Some of the beams in the easy are very congested. I know I am on one of the worst. I am not sure about mid PA, but the sparsely populated areas can be the worst (i.e..Appalachia) since there are few internet options for people to use to begin wuth.
Photo of David Ramos

David Ramos

• 21 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for the input. Viasat 2 wasnt available to me 1 month ago
Do i take another risk or deal with what I have. Telephone line internet will not cut it anymore. Its hard to believe its 2018 and people cant get better service the the early 90s got. Oh well!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I thought PA had some sort of program to provide internet throughout the state?

Viasaat-2 would most definitely be an improvement for you, but you are going to pay a premium to use it if only the Gold and Platinum plans are available to you, if at all.

Viasat-2 is sort of like Bigfoot. There have been a few reports of it here and there and a lot of talk about it, but being able to actually see it in action has been rare to this point.
(Edited)