Speed and data usage concerns

• Praise
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
So slow I can't even use xbox live unless it's between 3-6AM!-"Free Zone". First 12GB was gone within 6 hours! After that it's 30 days of 1-5 Mbps...Good thing it's only a few hundred dollars to cancel the mandatory 3 year contract! And you get to climb up on the roof and disassemble the dish yourself and mail it back. Wouldn't want any able bodied employees doing...work. The only question is, how much can I sue for when I fall off the roof? More than the early termination fee I bet!
Photo of DJ DJ

DJ DJ

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2272 Posts
  • 1130 Reply Likes
I’m confused. Are you complaining that your plan is doing exactly what it is supposed to do?

I’m on Liberty 12 and I have no problem with 1 to 5 mbps during the day after I use up my priority data.

Honestly, thanks to the free zone and some software that does video downloads for me in the early morning, I almost never use up my 12 gb if priority data.

Liberty 12 is a really good value.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3597 Posts
  • 2101 Reply Likes
It is. Beat valued plan there is. But to think you can burn your whole month of priority data in less than 8 hours and be satisfied the rest of the year is very unrealistic.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2272 Posts
  • 1130 Reply Likes
Sounds like the service is very fast if he was able to use 2 gb of data per hour.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2821 Posts
  • 1782 Reply Likes
I wonder where he bought his service from, Viasat has 2 year contracts, I never heard of a 3 year contract.

I DJ DJ blew through his 12 GB in 6 hours, he never should have signed up for Viasat. He needs to find a provider that offers in the order of 200 or 300 GB or more. 
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2272 Posts
  • 1130 Reply Likes
Maybe he is complaining about the three-year price guarantee.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2821 Posts
  • 1782 Reply Likes
That could be.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 320 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
Good morning, as i have stated before, i never get close to using my priority data, i think i am at about 85 G of 150 now, and that is just after having a lot of family here for a few days for Thanksgiving.  My data period starts again on the beginning of the month.

I realize we are on the day time lower usage period but this was my result a few minutes ago:

There are issues with other ISP's but, marketing practices, failure of new customers doing their research, the fact that most customers have very limited options, ie desperate, and the whole SAT technology with limited capabilities sets up an environment for the dissatisfaction that many new customers experience.

Personally, its been a long road and not without its UPS and Downs, but i generally get good service.

(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3597 Posts
  • 2101 Reply Likes
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll (on satellite internet).