solar flare affecting beam 370?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi all,  had connection problems yesterday starting around 1:00 PM PT.   Modem kept going down, rebooting on and off numerous time.  I called twice to technical assistance and unplugged, replugged .  Would come on then disconnect.  Not router related.  Just heard over news about solar flare.  The modem rebooted on and off every few minutes, more times than I could count.  Anyone else ?  I'm fine today and late last night.  
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 45 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Susan, sorry to hear you had all of that trouble. We didn't have any beam outages that I'm aware of, but it's certainly possible. I'd like to help you out if these problems resurface. If that happens just send me an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Please reference your post in your email.
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 45 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
thanks exede Beau,  for now it's business as usual.  This is the original modem I purchased about 3 years ago,  don't know what the lifespan expectancy is.  
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1683 Posts
  • 1000 Reply Likes
I didn't do my homework here but this is the way it happens.. Twice a year, spring and again in fall, the sun and the satellite align with your dish and this causes the signal to be wiped out for awhile until the sun passes past your dish absolute aim.  My homework would have been to look up the exact days at a specific location that this phenomenon happens.  It would be a different time for different locations.