So is 1mbps all I get in the evening now?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Yes, I got the e-mail a week or so ago. I didn't think much of it. Viasat has always worked well for me, even during the evening hours. I have been a loyal longtime customer. I do have the Freedom plan, but have never abused my bandwidth. Never went over 150gig ever! Now all of a sudden my evening speeds are like the old Hughes.Net days from the past. This Sucks! I do not expect 12mbps in the evening, but throttled at 1mbps every night now is a bummer. This is one evil way to get the customers off of netflix, but I just wanna browse the web. Sad Times For VIASAT customers for sure. 

Photo of Dan Bud

Dan Bud

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Sad

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
They just want you to change plans, spending more money, or move off Freedom, opening up bandwidth to sell to more customers. Regardless, if you believe the changes are to create a more satisfying experience for all users (like they are saying), then you probably believe everything in the news too :).
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 366 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
Switch to Liberty 50 for the same price and your speed will be restored.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 695 Posts
  • 422 Reply Likes
No Liberty offered on my beam, just the fake unlimited plans. I'm regretting giving up my Classic plan now. Miss the 5 hour free zone.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Yea. "Unlimited" plans. Charge more money, deliver less,

But it sounds good!
Photo of Dan Bud

Dan Bud

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nothing wrong with my equipment.....this is a morning speedtest.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
It is not an equipment issue. Per the new network management policy. you can be deprioritzed regardless of how much data you have used for the month.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 366 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
The Liberty OR “fake” unlimited plans are not subject to the new policy. Just switch and see your speeds returned. I know everyone is pissed but there is nothing you can do about it. Deal with the substandard speeds or switch plans. Or close your account with ETF waived. I find it hard to believe that people are having such a difficult time with this. What do you do when gas prices go up? What about TV bills and channels removed? We are all subject to policy changes on ANY service we use. Just make the best of it and move on!!!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Why are people upset? Do I really need to answer this? We are not talking about a price increase here. We are talking about changing a fundamental way plans were promised to operate.

You get service below 1Mbps for a couple of days and see how you like it.

Give me a break..
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Thanks VeteranSatUser... Nathan Hart we the customers signed a Contract with Viasat for a service that they promised to deliver... we would be penalized if we failed to pay or even if we paid late.. but.. how is it ok for them to cut their side of the bargain and not get penalized? I don't understand your logic?
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 602 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
Want a good laugh?  Comparison of an old WB pro system to my Viasat 30Mbps 150GB plan.  Both taken just a few minutes ago
top is WB and bottom is VS!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Not surprising. 
Photo of Dan Bud

Dan Bud

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
"""""They just want you to change plans, spending more money, or move off Freedom,"""""
That is it exactly! I just had a nice conversation with Viasat tech support. They pretty much admitted what we already know. That evening bandwidth shaping is occurring & the solution was to switch to another plan. I already pay $110 a month for a 12 mbps plan.  How can that not be enough money! I would be happy just to have 3-4 mbps in the evening. Do I need to pay $150 a month to get this fixed.........bummer Viasat! 
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
This is messed up.  I'm on the Liberty Pass.  My speed should be around 256 kbps right now.

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
These new speeds make no sense whatsoever.  Someone paying $110 a month with priority data remaining, deserves to have faster internet than my $60 plan on the Liberty Pass.  
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1277 Posts
  • 414 Reply Likes
Hence the anger.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
I don’t blame you guys. I’d ditch Viasat if this mess was negatively affecting me.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Exactly, I get the issues but I have priority data remaining and, I pay over 150/month and, right now 867 Kbps !?!?! That's insanely slow. I could handle 3 Mbps prime time, that's fine for keeping my plan but under 1 Mbps.

Daytime rocks though, 30-45 Mbps range but, this under 1 Mbps with data remaining has got to get fixed, it's crazy to slow us that badly.

I know it's new so, I'm holding on, hoping they level it out a bit over the coming weeks.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
My speed was terrible last week.

This week it is much improved.

So they are fiddling with the network management I would say.

But if Stephen is on the Liberty pass, his speeds shouldn't be better than somebody with priority data left.

Viasat is the one who gave too much priority data away to begin with (probably to lure people off Freedom so they could get the video resolution downgrader in place more). Over a year later, they realized they gave away the farm. People are not going to upgrade to Viasat-2 and pay more money for inferior plans. How do you fix that? Degrade the performance of the grandfathered plans to force people to change. Hughesnet did the exact same thing to me. My plan became extinct. I didn't want to get rid of it, but it became so slow they forced my hand to upgrade.

Bev. Maybe time to go back to a business plan!
(Edited)
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 695 Posts
  • 422 Reply Likes
I believe Viasat's ultimate goal is to get the long time customers who are grandfathered in with the better plans to cancel or downgrade to one of the higher priced fake unlimited plans. More revenue for the company and less data for the customers.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
I agree!
Photo of satuser03

satuser03

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My speeds have been terrible in the past 3 weeks, after receiving the letter. For the past 6 months or more it’s been extremely great. No complaints. Then all of a sudden, suck. I’ve had satellite internet for15 plus years and I know what to expect. I have the gold 30 mbs unlimited 150g. I used to have high 30-40 mbs download in a.m. and slow down throughout the day to 3-10mbs in evening. No complaints. Could do what we needed and watch high def tv on most nights. Now it goes to unusable, under 1mbs. Pages won’t load and ,etc. Rebooting the modem sometimes help, but in a couple hours it slows down. I pay $150 a month for my service as this is my only option for internet. I would even pay more for better service, but this is the best I can get. And all of a sudden they have completely degraded my service. Why is it I get less than 1 mbs then reboot my modem and start seeing normal speeds for a limited time?
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1277 Posts
  • 414 Reply Likes
I’ve never seen a clear answer that satisfied my mind on why sometimes a reboot will help speeds short term on satellite.

My theory for this is the modem is recognized as a “new install” and gets high priority for a few minutes to an hour. Gives the install guys time to get down the road before the end user starts seeing true speeds lol.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
I have never seen a 30Mbps 150GB priority plan?

I have seen 30Mbps plans.

I have seen 150GB plans.

But not a combo of the two

What kind of modem do you have??? Is it a white triangle?

Michael McDowell

• 602 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
I have the 30Mbps 150GB Gold plan on a SB2+,VS1,Beam318

for all the good it does NOW!!!!!
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Never knew they delivered 30Mbps on Viasat-1.

That just means your median speed is 30Mbps ;)
(Edited)

Michael McDowell

• 602 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
I WISH!!!!  Best that I have seen since they made this change is about 16Mbps at about 7:30 one morning.  The last couple of days, since we have been in the deep freeze,  lucky to see 4Mbps and last evening it was about .700Mbps. All the kiddies are home from school!

I used to see as high as 45-48 Mbps in the morning!
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
VS 1 can deliver a lot more than 30 Mbps, I've seen it do it on my 25 Mbps plan. Back when we still had access to eSVT - I've seen 43 Mbps last week as well but, this was the best I've ever seen.

Michael McDowell

• 602 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
That is about what I was seeing, also.  Curiously, my upload speed STILL is around 4.5-5Mbps.
Photo of satuser03

satuser03

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of satuser03

satuser03

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
I know Viasat-1 can do those speeds.

I never knew Viasat-1 offered 30Mbps "median" speeds :).
Photo of satuser03

satuser03

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Veteransatuser I have the black square modem. I am on vs1 and have been a few years. I like how it says AFTER 150gb we may prioritize your data during network congestion. When you call them they say I am getting prioritized because of my plan. Hmm
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Because the plan design has been modified. While Viasat had ever contractual right to do it, it doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 346 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
Ah my 150/25 Silver plan, i like the many of you was pretty satisfied, 20-45 during the day and > 5 during prime time and like many of you at most only used about 90 G s a month.  I come from the waste not want not generation, share and share alike, do the right thing.

Starting off with the 25 classic eons ago i adjusted my life style so that i did my thing after midnight, free zone and all, never went over my 25, but i adjusted.

Now the mental midgets at Viasat (with all the power) again decide to really clamp down, sell more systems than they can really support, based on the contracts that are currently in effect,  Out the window with Ethics, integrity etc., they show none.

What has changed i/we have a plan, but now the plan becomes somewhat meaningless, you get slowed down  regardless of how much data you have left. 

My life does not depend on the internet, even at the ridiculously slow speeds in the evening i can still conduct my classes, i can't use any of the real time tools but since we meet in the computer lab every week this sorry excuse for an ISP still works ok, but even my pitiful cellular system out performs V in the evening.

I find that i rarely go on the internet in the evening other than to answer an email, normally on my phone, but via V.

I once again modify my daily plan, do some wood working, finishing my basement, writing and recording music (my real passion) during the evening and working my class an hour or two during the day.

I carried the banner for V for awhile, but no longer, i present V as an ISP of last resort.  Your expectations should be: fine for email, light browsing, and if you get more than that go with it for as long as you get it, otherwise expect buffering and basically a slow overpriced, poor performing ISP.

In today's environment of fake news, cyber bulling, scamming, spoofing, virus laden virus laden internet, false everything, I also use them as an example of how companies (which there are others) do not uphold our core values, of Integrity, good stewardship, ethical operation etc.

The only thing you can really count on is change, but unfortunately the change is generally not in the consumers favor.

Patiently waiting for Rural Band to be installed.

Make sure your county and power company are aware of the Federally subsidized Broad Band initiative, it is a game changer.

Photo of Dan Bud

Dan Bud

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
"I carried the banner for V for awhile, but no longer, i present V as an ISP of last resort." 

Yes Johhny C, I used to speak glowingly of Viasat & recommend it's service to all my rural friends.
I cannot recommend viasat anymore after they implemented the throttling campaign that is happening now. I will stick with my Freedom plan & hope that viasat loses enough customers that they no longer
feel the need to throttle us during the evening.
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Viasat is losing lots of customers now, in a few years when the low orbit birds are deployed that is when there will be a huge loss for many internet providers just not only Viasat. Now will the military and airlines keep Viasat or will they jump ship to for the better speeds and low latency also? My question is who would want to stay with Viasat when all s said and done? When stuck so long and no other choices most of us have not had options to change, well that is going to change soon and these greedy isp's......well we will have to wait and see what the outcome will be and it won't be pretty for them.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 695 Posts
  • 422 Reply Likes
If the low orbit satellite services take off and work as intended, I'll be one of the first to try it out. I realize this is something that Elon Musk has talked about for quite a while, but I would not put anything past him or SpaceX. OneWeb is another company looking into LEO satellite, but their partnership with Russian companies and the Russian government make it unlikely that it'll be available in the US.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
I'm pretty sure aircraft have better speeds and lower latency than we do.  
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
I can confirm that in terms of the speed. As far as latency, it isnt that big of difference.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
If Viasat had any common sense, they would simply stop selling "unlimited" plans and go back to only selling plans with upfront data limits before going into restricted mode.

Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
How are your speeds now Stephen? Yesterday Liberty was to slow to do normal browsing atm it is close. I think they done changed something on Liberty cause I have not seen speeds this slow since last June.
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
@terry , Still twice as fast as my speeds
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Gwen. has your Jetpack arrived yet?

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
here's a test with the verizon jetpack 8800L and the closest cell tower to me is over 5 miles away(in a straight line.. it's about a 40 minute drive... lots of mountains.. canyons.. etc.. etc.. and not "line of sight"... it is hidden behind a ridge from me... I have zero cell reception at my place... I was using a external antenna... after some testing I have exchanged the antenna for a more directional Yagi antenna... should be getting that one soon.. well keep you guys updated.. already much much better than Viasat at peak hours...
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
@pana , Wow im glad its working out good for you , Mine will arrive by feb 7th they said , Yep thats tons better than what i get in peak hours on viasat , Im currently sitting at around 20 kbps , Love to hear more about it if you wanna keep us updated
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
@pana that test is without any sort of antenna isnt it?
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Thanks, I rebooted my modem fixed mine. Back to 3mpbs now, can't remember the last time I done a reboot tbh. Off to watch more Buffy now!
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
My Verizon tower 7 miles away can't see it unless I use binoculars.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Remember, Stephen is on a magic beam so his results may be skewed.

We cant all be on a magical mystery beam like him!
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Gwen it is with this antenna... https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-Cross-Polarized-High-Gain-Fixed-Mount-Antenna/dp/B01NBSLNJ6 but my speeds were all over the place... and not consistent... I spoke wiht the guys at proxicast tech support and after we disconnected the horizontal antenna coax and the speeds and SNR didn't change  much.. he thinks that the tower is not a MIMO tower... so he thought I would be better off with a more directional Yagi antenna.. due to the distance... he also suggested a signal amplifier... at the moment never more than 2 to 3 bars of reception with the antenna... maybe 1 to 2 without the antenna... SNR with antenna is 5 to 12?
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 184 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Liberty pass is back in business
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2647 Posts
  • 1378 Reply Likes
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@panahead & @Gwen

RE: verizon jetpack 8800L & Yagi antenna...MIMO.

Jetpack needs to be tested without an antenna where tower is located...and then at home site without an antenna.  This Jetpack needs two antenna...not one.

My smartphone has MIMO, but when doing FCC speedtests, it kicks into MIMO mode.  My home signal booster is no good...MIMO will not work on a signal booster.  FCC is testing my smartphone antennas, not my home signal booster setup.

Point being, with one antenna and a weak tower signal, the Jetpack may be using Mode-1, which is one channel pair (Tx/Rx).  MIMO can deliver decent speeds with a weak signal....and without MIMO, I've seen 11mbps UP/Down with signal booster being used on a rural tower.
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
Footnote - I now see the MIMO antenna from Amazon, which has 2x Female N connectors
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
RE: he also suggested a signal amplifier.

Mode-1 only....MIMO will not engage
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Jab.. Thanks for your help and knowledge... But I am a little confused by your reply... I bought the Verizon jetpack 8800L and hooked it up with this antenna  https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-Cross-Polarized-High-Gain-Fixed-Mount-Antenna/dp/B01NBSLNJ6 and 2 x 25' low loss coax cables https://www.amazon.com/Low-Loss-Coax-Extension-Cable-Ohm/dp/B00QZEQ5EA/  and 2 x pigtails  https://www.amazon.com/External-Antenna-Adapter-Pigtail-Hotspots/dp/B00WA6JJVS/  The antenna has 2 outputs 1 horizontal and 1 vertical.. (the 8800L has 2 inputs.. but it doesn't denote 1 for vertical and the other for horizontal) my signal strength was 2 to rarely 3 bars with the antenna... (1 to possibly 2 bars without the antenna) the  download speeds with the antenna were around 2 to 3 mbps max... I tried changing the antenna outputs up on the inputs to the 8800L and it didn't seem to make any difference.. when I spoke with the tech support at Proxicast he suggested unplugging the horizontal antenna from the 8800L.. to see if the speed or signal changed.. it didn't seem to make any difference... (in fact think it might have increased the speed?) so the tech thought that possibly my cell tower is not transmitting MIMO? he suggested I use a single Yagi antenna and a signal amplifier.. instead of the set up that I bought.. my tower is aprx. 5 miles away from me (as the crow flies) and is slightly blocked by a ridge from my sight line.. if I could move about 400' to my left I would be able to see the tower.. I don't have many trees between us.. mostly rugged mountains.. I got called out on a job and am not there now so I can't take the Jetpack near the tower and check the speed there? I'll be back in a couple of weeks... when I checked the speed of the jetpack in the Verizon store it was over 50mbps down... what do you think I should do? and what set up do you recommend for me? thanks again...

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3170 Reply Likes
Were you bouncing off the same tower when you did a store test?

I am convinced not all towers are created equal.
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@panahead

Logically, 8800L unit (and tower) determines if Mode-1, Mode 2 "Transmit Diversity" or Mode 3 "Spatial Multiplexing" is used.  Seeing # of bars may mean nothing on LTE...my Samsung S8 shows full bars when doing FCC Speed test, but test shows a weak LTE signal, which means my home signal booster was not be used.

One needs a line of sight experiment with tower...close by it, and at your home site, without that 25' cable connected.  From these tests, one can know more.

LMR240 is decent cable, but LMR600 is much better, but higher dollar.  Notice available connectors.  Both are 50 ohm cables.  Attenuation per 100 feet is the difference between 7.6 vs 2.5 at 900Mhz...so 1.9 vs 0.63 at 25 feet, which don't amount to a hill of beans...but a longer cable run is possible with LMR600, if vertical height would give a line of sight advantage.

.Line of sight is most important....
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Thanks Jab... when I get back home I’ll take the unit close to the tower and test it out... re line of sight from my place to the tower... I would need to take my antenna aprx. 400’ west to see the tower.. but I am on a steep mountain and can’t go west... vertical height isn’t going to help me a whole lot... I would need a lot of height... is there a 10’ coax cable that’s better for me than my 25’?
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@panahead

LMR Coaxial Cable Specifications

I'm not a cable specialist, but there are businesses that will cut to length with connectors fitted.  At 10' long, chances are LMR200 is fine...with longer cable runs, then higher dollar cable is used.

Aug 05 2015 - Verizon Beefs Up LTE Network With 4x4 MIMO, Carrier Aggregation

Based upon article, towers with most congestion would get refitted first.  Do note, the above is not related to the below cite.

January 3, 2018  - Massive MIMO Trial Wrapped Up for Verizon, Ericsson, Qualcomm

@Gwen...what above two cites suggests, is that if you live around a rural tower where highway traffic is not busy, chances are, a 8800L would be no better than MiFi 6620L...where most cell traffic exists is where they install equipment first.

@panahead

If MIMO is not engaged, a signal booster would work best.  There are cheap cell boosters on ebay/amazon for VZW's band 13, that come with a Yagi...$100.00
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Thanks Jab much appreciated.. this is the antenna that I ordered  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGG9KB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc... to replace the   https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-Cross-Polarized-High-Gain-Fixed-Mount-Antenna/dp/B01NBSLNJ6  do you think that this is the best choice for me to use for my situation? or is there something better? and maybe use a shorter coax cable if possible? maybe 10' ://www.amazon.com/Low-Loss-Coax-Extension-Cable-Ohm/dp/B015ML4566/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=electronic... instead of the 25' i have now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QZEQ5EA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc...? is this going to make a big difference? and I should use a signal booster also? Thanks fr your help.. I really appreciate it.. 
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1154 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@panhead

VZW typically uses:

Band 13, Uplink: 786 - 787MHz, Downlink: 746 - 757MHz

and cheap Yagi antenna with signal boosters exist on ebay/Amazon...$100.00 or so.

If a high gain Yagi antenna was essentially hooked directly to MiFi, that would be ideal...no electronics involved. I check antenna gain specs, dBi;  your MIMO antenna appears to have good specs, but I don't know which frequencies the gain was...7-10 dBi

There are apps like LTE Discovery that show what band is being used.  Imho, if your cell works at home, I'd get a signal booster setup with Yagi.  The LMR cable now picked is not as good as original...but check the length loss gain @ 800Mhz,,,LMR Coaxial Cable Specifications...I'd have to download those PDFs to evaluate, but I suspect your existing cable is OK....
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
@Jab

Thanks... I really appreciate the info... I will start with the Yagi hooked up to the 8800L and go from there.. unfortunately my cell phone doesn't work at my place at all... In order to use it I enable the WIFI calling feature on the phone via my satellite connection to make and receive calls.. on its own there the cell phone has no signal... I just got the iPhone app "network analyzer" and will report back... I can always drive closer to the tower and get the specs if needed...
Photo of panahead

panahead

• 140 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
 @VeteranSatUser
Were you bouncing off the same tower when you did a store test?

I am convinced not all towers are created equal.

the test I made in the store was not on the same tower that is closest to my house...