Snowbird considerations

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. No need for further response at current time.

Gentlemen, Why have you screwed us snowbirds? First you did away with the "suspension" program for us while we are away from our home with your service, and second you did not tell us that you were doing away with the suspension (and in my case I learned about it after I traveled south for the winter and called to suspend my service). Now we are stuck paying for a service that we don't use because we can't suspend service without sending back your equipemt which is located at a place with no people near it and, according to the weatherman, may have 2 feet on snow on the ground by tomorrow night. Originally I subscribed to your service because we are in a location where satilite if the ONLY option for internet. I payed during the two year commitment period without complaint because I knew that after that I could supend without paying while we were away and not using the service. Please reconsider a "snowbird" program where we can suspend service during a prolong absence. Even paying a small "service" fee would be considerably better than paying full price for something that is not being used. Sincerely John Wozniak, Account # 136188351
Photo of John Wozniak

John Wozniak

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated, disappointed

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of dxrobertson

dxrobertson

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I didnt realize the snowbird suspension was nolonger offered. It was just put into place sometime this past year, the details of the "Vacation Plan" were posted in this thread back in July:
http://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/sh...

I hope you are incorrect, as I plan on suspending my account for 3 months later this year.
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
dx,

The Vacation plan is still offered to Exede Customers at the price of $19.98 a month (plan price & lease fee). 
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes, there must be some sort of misunderstanding as I have just recently exercised a "seasonal suspend" for my service.
I believe there is a fee of $5 per month for the service, and, if still under contract, the suspended months count against your mandatory two year contract.
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Tom,

The Seasonal suspend option is still available to WildBlue customers at no charge. The Seasonal is permissible for customers who have two accounts at two service locations with each account having their own set of equipment. The account can be suspended for up to 6 months at a time while the other account is left active. 
Photo of John Wozniak

John Wozniak

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just checked again. As of September 14, 2013 "vacation suspension" IS NOT AVAILABLE to wildblue customers who have only one service address. Again I ask that management consider a policy of suspension for us snowbirds who travel 5 or 6 monthos of the year
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have forwarded your thread to our Corporate office for more information and I will follow up with you as soon as I hear back. Thanks John.
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
John,

Please send me an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information, I would like to help. At this time we do not offer voluntary suspension for WildBlue customers, but a vacation plan should be available in the near future.
Photo of dxrobertson

dxrobertson

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am confused. VERY confused. Is there a suspension program or is there not?

By suspension, I mean can I temporarily (2-6 months as described in the posts below) turn off my wildblue/exede service while I am away from home and not using it, pay $9.99 per month for these not using months, and turn it back on upon returning home a few months later?

What are these posts from Exede Lizz and Alex referring to-
http://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/sh...

" Simply call Customer Care at 855-463-9333 and tell them you’d like to activate Suspend.
During Suspend, you’ll pay only $9.99/month for your service, no matter which regular Exede plan you’re on. When you’re ready to reactivate your full service, call Care a few days before you’d like it restored."
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Official Response
dxrobertson,

For all customers on Exede, we have the Vacation plan which comes at a price of $9.99 a month (plus lease fee) for up to 6 months within a calendar year.

Our Legacy WildBlue customers still have 2 options available for suspending services.
If the customer has two active accounts, they can elect to suspend one account (at no cost) for up to 6 months while the other account will remain active. For all other customers, who want to Voluntarily suspend service, they can do so at the cost of their monthly service plan.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.