Slow Speeds

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress

The speeds I'm provided with won't allow me to view many web
sites wirelessly. This has been going on now since the summer. There's no incentive for them to rectify this problem because we are being charged by how much data we use not by how fast it works. They know that there are many people that live in rural areas where there are no better options. Very unfair. I've called many times. Always the same response. Run speed test blah blah blah. They told me my next option now would be to have technician come out to check/replace THEIR EQUIPMENT which I am paying rent on. And then charge me a service charge. I don't even think that's legal, but there's no type of enforcement on this practice. Except for email, there service is pretty useless and by the middle of the month all my data's gone. Because I have their Evolution plan, which costs more, I should still be able to use email and browse at "normal" speeds. 12 mbps down - 3 mbps up. BS

Photo of Robert Weening

Robert Weening

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • taken advantage of

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Robert, I'm sorry you feel that way and I understand your frustration. The charges are service calls is standard practice. I pay a service call with my carrier and I live in the city.  The equipment is rented to reduce the cost to the customer.  We would love to get to the bottom of your slow speeds and it may be the signal  on the router. If your speeds are higher without it.  Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thanks