Slow speeds at any time of the day or night

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
These speeds are getting to be ridiculous. Sick of calling tech support. Didn't know I was on the 1Mbps plan.
Photo of Ethan F

Ethan F

• 71 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
  • irritated

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of lsandersj

lsandersj

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I have that happen occasionally and usually resetting the modem (turn it off or unplug power) for 10 seconds or more helps.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 428 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
Wait for it........................but you are getting up to 12Mbps
Photo of Ethan F

Ethan F

• 71 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Yeah no kidding.
Photo of Leo George Jr

Leo George Jr

• 41 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Allow me to play Chumpion..........You should know that the contract you signed says "UP TO 12 MBPS". Your speeds do not exceed that so you shouldn't complain. Also, the kiddos are out of school, and grandma is baking extra cookies so she needs to look up recipes. The new satellite should alleviate some of the congestion in due time. This issue IS NOT because this great company has OVERSOLD their satellites and the beams are so full. No, they would never do that!!!! Be patient.............
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@Leo George Jr (VIASAT!!! YOU MAY REMOVE THIS COMMENT IF WHAT I SAID ABOUT CHAMPIONS BEING GRANTED THE TITLE AND HOW PEOPLE TEND TO REFER THE WORD CHAMPIONS TO CHUMPIONS!!! PLEASE REMOVE THIS COMMENT IF YOU MAY THINK OF WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS TRYING TO ATTACK PEOPLE AND SO ON!!! SO I HEREBY GRANT YOU TO REMOVE THIS IS ITS WAY TO HARSH FOR ANYONE TO EVEN READ THIS!!! THANK YOU!!! ) uhhh... if you ONLY knew of how satellite internet works to be honest -_- also... what viasat calls people that know there satellite internet and how it works and to fix it is... GRANTED the title Champion by ONLY hand picking certain people who knows and will help other people... the people who MANUALLY hand picks certain people is the moderators onto this viasat forums... the Champions dont get paid NOR get any free perks nor discounts or free services or free special treatment... us Champions are just like all of you guys... you guys what i would call the Chumpions... cause think of it... Chum... kind of reminds me of Chum which into the human brain... the brain can become so jelly after we die... even though the brain is kind of like jello... BUT!!! the brain is protected by a skull to keep it safe and stuff... if the skull is broken and crushes the brain... the brain will be come jello and will be smashed like chum... then the brain will rot away and will be withered away and stuff... sooo... i think... what imma trying to say if the fact... and stuff... its also just common sense also :P
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
I mean, he isn’t wrong. We hear it each time a thread is made.

It’s so weird that six or seven people think 1Mbps consistently is ok because it meets bare minimum contractual requirements. Legally we all get it’s ok and class action lawsuits aren’t allowed.

To me it’s always been more of an ethical issue. There is no other choice for most other than HN. Here ViaSat is definitely the better of the two, though I feel a slow trending downward that may change that perspective. When another option comes along, residential people will vacate both companies in mass. Until then they have a lock. ViaSat realizes this, hence government, military, and airline contracts.

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@Bradley there is another choice... the OTHER option is to be without internet :3 and not even go online at all and just go watch tv and socialize with your friends :3 its either that option... OR yall can quit complaining and just be happy yall gots internet :3 and just do basic browsing instead of youtube videos, streaming, ect...

geez... most of the time... i tend to always want to learn stuff by looking up it up and reading it :3 and stuff :3 for me... since i now know the kittys are out of school... ill mostly DOWNLOAD my animes and tranfer them onto my portable hard drive... and plug in my xbox one while its not connected to the internet... then i can watch the english dub verison of animes with my ma :3 that is what imma doing :3 and what imma planning on doing during each summer until the kittys go back to school again :3

geez!!! now imma going to go look up some information about the history of the native americans and stuff :3 i know WAY too many dark secrets of why the people onto the mayflower wanted to take control of the USA... BUT!!! THIS ISNT A HISTORY LESSON RIGHT NOW!!! imma going to look up some dark native americans and stuff... but also keep coming back and forth onto the forums :3
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
Honestly, some nights I’d be better off without it rather than pulling my hair out that I can’t do what I need to do. We can do without most things we have in this world, but most people prefer some form of utilities to live (I consider internet a necessary utility).

At $100+ a month....people EXPECT it.

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@Bradley uhhh well... people tend to "consider internet as a necessary utility" as an excuse... because they dont want to get off there and do stuff around the house... sure... i have asthma, mental issues, and physcial issues... BUT YET!!! when i first discovered anime... it literually saved me from my loneliness... then... ive found other people who LOVED anime also... so now... i have an application that i go onto sometimes... just to get away from reality just to escape this real world and  go watch anime and stuff... but when... imma done watching anime... i just go and socialize with my ma... and try to do things around the house now for my ma since she cant do the things she cant do... so i help her with the trailer by me doing the physical such as sweeping, vacuuming, ect... while my ma does the cooking do the dishes also... sure... my asthma flares up BIG time... but yet... i learned to control my breathing by doing breathing techniques and so on... then... i tend to do some exercises to help while imma cleaning and stuff... after imma done... i tend to have some ciggys in between... since ciggys dont bother my asthma XD 
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
@Deku

Don’t need exercise as I do plenty. Anyhow, while I generally consider you to be very positive, there are some contradictions with your posts tonight.

1). I could link your posts lamenting slow speeds, so it’s unfair to post to others to stop complaining. You deserved your post, and others do too.

2). Champions can and do sometimes receive compensation in the form of perks which you have received and posted about yourself. It’s actually in the new forum guidelines now. Not sure why you posted otherwise.

3). It’s a little hypocritical to post thread after thread about downloading and watching anime, but then tell others to just do basic web browsing and not try to watch YouTube or stream and generally be happy with subpar service when you yourself aren’t. :3

It’s great when internet service works as expected, but let’s stop beating up people that have legitimate concerns about speeds that most people would find laughable. Experienced satellite users know the drill and the realities. Doesn’t make us all satisfied. Doesn’t make it fair. People new to satellite or when service takes a serious downturn have as much right to voice opinions as anyone. Only when logic and reasoning have failed....then trolling is permissible:).

To the OP, your speed results are typical of congestion, even at 11am. High enough upload speeds but slow downloads. It’s how mine often look.
(Edited)

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@Bradley @>@ OH MY GOODNESS!!! NOW I FEEL SO FRICKING AWFUL!!! ;-; NOW I FEEL SO FRICKING BAD NOW!!! ;-; now i think of it... i dont think... i should be saying stuff to help people out and stuff... now imma bursting out into tears of what ive said ;-; i feel so fricking awful ;-; maybe... i dont deserve to have the title of the champion anymore ;-; now i will just leave this forum but yet... i will come back from time to time... but yet... i wont be helping much people out... since... i dont deserve to be up with the other champions that do much greater stuff than i do ;-; maybe... its time for me to leave my account onto the forums open... but... i wont come back that often anymore ;-; after what ive said ;-; i feel so fricking awful now ;-; and as imma typing this... imma bursting out into tears now ;-;
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
Not my intention. We know you are a good person. I personally like reading most of your threads. I’ve just now figured out how to read them :).

I come across harsh sometimes I know. I’m just blunt. No personal offense meant ever.

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@Bradley yeah i know i am a good person :3 BUT!!! IMMA SO HAPPY THAT YOU FIGURED OUT HOW TO READ THEM :D YAYZA!!! :D not too many people can actually figure NOR understand of what i write ;-; which is kind of sad ;-; and how did you figured out of how to read them @>@ makes me confused @?@ tell me of how you figured it out of how to read them so that veteransatuser can also figure out of how to read them :3 OR!!! MAKE IT MORE EASIER!!! why dont ya make a post of how people can read my post :3 and so on :3 cause... i dont know how to do that ;-; which i dont have the words to even explain it sadly ;-; PLEASE!!! MAKE A POST SO THAT VETERANSATUSER AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO READ MY POST!!! :3 ID BE SO HAPPY IF YOU DID :D 

ALSO!!! I DEKU HEREBY GIVE Bradley PERMISSION TO TELL EVERYONE OF HOW TO READ MY THREADS!!! SO IT CAN MAKE IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE!!! NOT ONLY FOR HIM... BUT!!! IT WILL ALSO HELP... OTHER PEOPLE OF WHEN I REPLY TO THEM!!! AND SO ON!!! BUT ALSO!!! IF IT GETS TOO MANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS OF HIM TRYING TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE OF HOW TO READ MY POST... THEN!!! VIASAT MAY CLOSE THE COMMENTS AS THEY SEE FIT!!! BUT!!! IF SOMEONE HAS A QUESTION THEY CAN ASK AND STUFF!!! :3 THANK YOU!!! :3

Bradley YOOO!!! if you read what i have given you permission... then... id be SO happy if you can help others out of how to read my post :3 cause... veteransatuser always says... he likes my threads... but he doesnt understand what imma trying to say sadly... ;-; which kind of makes me so sad... ;-; SO PLEASE!!! MAKE A THREAD SOMETIME TOMMORROW OR TONIGHT!!! AND STUFF!!! THANK YOU FRIEND!!! :3
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
Rotflmao....

I’ll try to do a small interpretation of major posts from now on. Even one that vetsatuser can understand ;).

I think it’s just an acquired skill with enough work put into it. Took me a while.

Always love your two way conversations with clouds or whoever.

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
why thank you :3 how long did it take for you to even to understand me @?@

also yeah... when you mentioned about the clouds... imma just giggling away XD also... the clouds where kind of funny XD and its true... the fricking clouds where in the fricking way!!! >:( and so on >:( 

why do you love my 2 way conversations @?@ i just dont get why people just love it when i do that @?@

brain: i think imma gonna fart!!!

deku: DONT YOU DARE!!! I WAS JUST GONNA SAY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY!!! DO....NT... YOU... DARE!!!!!!!!!

brain: WATCH OUT!!! ITS GOING TO BE A STINK BOMB INSIDE THE SKULL AND ILL SUFFER FROM IT!!!

deku: well... you can just suffer and smell all that fart in... as my mind will just go blank anyways...

*the brain lets a big fart sound that the sound of it makes the entire trailer moves*

brain: ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! GET ME OUTTA THIS SKULL!!! IT STINKS!!! DEKU!!! DEKU!!! DEKU!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?

deku: .........

brain: awman... i think her mind went blank now... NOW IMMA GOING TO SUFFER NOW!!! PEW PEW PEW!!! IT STINKS SO MUCH INSIDE HER SKULL!!! i think imma going to pass out in here now...

*the brain passes out and deku comes to her senses*

deku: BRAIN!!! WHAT IN THE HECK DID YOU DO!?!?!? MY MIND IS COMPLETLY BLANK NOW!!! THANK ALOTTA!!!

brain: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but yeah... legit... i had like an extreme brain fart @>@ that is how my brain was like @>@ and how i felt @>@ just now @>@
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1091 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
Months to understand....

VetSatuser translation:

Deku happy. Nuff said.

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
@>@ OH MY GOODNESS!!! @>@ wowza @>@ and yeah vetsatuser would actually say that XD kind of funny to be honest XD
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3888 Posts
  • 2305 Reply Likes
I have been drinking peach moonshine tonight. It helps with both slow internet speeds and understanding what Deku is
saying.

Peach moonshine has twice the alcohol content, so of course it can do more than the blackberry shine! It's not the holiday season, so I have to have some substitute for spiked eggnog.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 428 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
Excuse my ignorance but what the f is :3, so much gibberish

• 872 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
ugh... welp!!! if your not into anime nor manga... then you dont need to know :) ONLY anime and manga fans will understand :3 here is what imma going to say and stuff :3 BUT!!! into an emoji faces :3 so if ya dont understand of how the emojis imma sending then... too bad... WELP!!! HERE I GO!!! 

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)      ლ( ́∀`ლ)         (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻     ( ̄へ ̄)        

this is me when you dont get what imma trying to say XD

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜        ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ        (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ           ヘ( ̄▽ ̄*)ノ          \( ̄▽ ̄;)/

good luck of finding out who those means >:3 also have fun with those!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧