Slow speed - no help - BS canned responses from tech support

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Less than 2 mbps entire month of February

Slow speeds for the entire month of February. I am tired of canned responses, useless advice and closed tickets, without solving the problem. "Bandwidth is like a highway with everyone going to the beach at the same time" "Bandwidth is like a pie with everyone taking a slice" What is this bullshit? Fix the problem!!
Photo of Andrea Bertke

Andrea Bertke

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry and frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
Please explain what your problem is.  This is a customer to customer forum and we need more information from you so we can see about helping you.  Don't get mad at us, we are customers to.
Photo of Andrea Bertke

Andrea Bertke

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My internet speeds have been less than 2 mbps for the entire month of February. I have rebooted, repeatedly, but ViaSat keeps sending canned responses without helping solve the issue. I would like to actually get the 12 mbps I'm paying for.
Photo of Doug Morris

Doug Morris

• 17 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Same here!  The only offer from "tech support" is to reset the modem.  It doesn't do a thing. I'm happy to get 1 Mbps download.  Very frustrating.  I called support and tech support refused to have my call transferred to them because they told the operator that there was just too much traffic on the satellite and that there was nothing they could do for me.
Very frustrating!
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 371 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
Hi Andrea,

Very few, i'm guessing 20% of the customers are getting 12 mbps consistently.  And many of them not getting 12 are paying for up to 25 mbps.   Your analogies are pretty close, no body is on the highway, speed limit is 65 and no issues you may even go 70 because there is no traffic, but a 5PM everyone is getting out of work and the highway is jammed, now your doing 35 mph and stop and go in some instances..  Same with limited bandwidth, it you are sure you have a good installation, wait another two weeks and hopefully by that time V2 will have taken some of the load, like an interstate next to the old highway and now all the traffic can move a posted limits.

Andrea, we are all waiting for this improvement in speed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.