SLOW Speed New Hampshire

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
I honestly don't know how Viasat gets away with this.  I understand all about the signed contract and how speeds are not guaranteed, blah, blah, blah.  But I CONSISTENTLY have speeds of 1.0 - 2.0 download and 1.0 upload in the evening.  And sometimes even slower!  (Note:  this is not slow because I've run out of data)

When I signed up for the service, I NEVER EVER expected it to be that slow CONSISTENTLY.  Especially when I find out later that they KNOW they are signing people up on a "beam" that is slow.  

Who would think it would ever be that slow?  They need to be disclosing that to potential customers and stop advertising the "up to" speeds.   I am really shocked that more people are not complaining about this.  The only reason I have this service is because I moved to an area that does not have cable.

They regularly provide "credits" to customers who are experiencing this.  Yes, that's good.  But it's become routine because so many people have issues.  Check out all of the BBB complaints about this.  

Photo of jane

jane

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Bill Ross

Bill Ross

• 38 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Ya it is kind dumb, they need to advertise that some beams will be quite slow due to “conjestion”- throttle cough, cough.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3483 Posts
  • 2019 Reply Likes
Satellite internet performance can be very dependent on location. While not advertised, if you come on this forum, many of us will tell you that.

Not everybody has a magic beam like Stephen. While others such as in my location see primetime speeds around 500kbps at times.

Do your research. If the plans offered for your location seem inferior to other locations, then you might be on an area that has a crowded beam.