Slow speed

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
For the last 4 days my service has being from going from normal to very slow, Anyone else having the same problem.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
Out of priority data by chance?
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It just renewed on the 28th of October. 
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
What plan do you have?
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Unlimited Bronze 12
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
One thing I forgot about I had a problem with intermittent service, Problem was cable that connects to tria,. Center copper wire was black, Just scraped it my pocket knife fixed problem.I will check it out later.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1456 Posts
  • 861 Reply Likes
That could cause slow speeds, but you should do a service call to make sure all connections are solid.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think the problem is on their end, Right now speed is back up.Its crazy how it can change back and forth.
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 130 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
its a little slower, im getting 38 down now.   typically its 45.  even that its plenty fast to stream.  It was a good football streaming weekend and monday night.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just did a speed test 9pm eastern time, Down 18.86 up 3.62 which is excellent for my bronze 12  Then at times when its very slow, Speed test will not even connect.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 290 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Paulcho you would be surprised out how sometimes connections that you think are giving good connectivity aren't and those you think are not, are. I would use an abrasive pad, something similar to sand paper, a fast drying electrical contact cleaner and then blow off with compressed air if what you tried did not work.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 290 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Paulcho, you posted while I was posting my reply. How long have you had your service? Satellite can be severely effected by weather and congestion during the busy time of day on oversold beams. The fact you hit those speeds pretty much mean all equipment  and connections are good unless your modem is overheating.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1456 Posts
  • 861 Reply Likes
A lot of it is how congested is your beam, time of day, and how much data you have used. It isn't rocket science (despite what some may say or think). The technology limitations are basically the same as it was over 20 years ago. Unfortunately, with those limitations it is hard to compare one person's experience to another.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I loose track of time but I must have Exede-Viasat about 6 years and its not weather related, blue sky's, Modem is warm to the touch as usual, If it is congestion this is something new for me.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Its something, I look at some of the users on here with thousands of posts and today is the first time I have ever posted anything, I always read the posts but never had a problem to post. Well maybe this problem will pass,Wishful thinking. 
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 92 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Paulcho, you could try installing the Viasat app on your phone and then running the diagnostic tool to see if it finds any problems with your equipment.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please fill me in exactly how to do that.

Admiral Korbohuta

• 92 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
The Viasat app is on the Google Play store and in the Apple app store. Just install it on your smartphone and log in to your account.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1456 Posts
  • 861 Reply Likes
If you call customer support they can run diagnostics too, and tell you what needs done. The app will just show you stats.
Photo of Paulcho

Paulcho

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'll give it a try, Thank You.
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 130 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
The app is good to help you narrow down the problem more quickly.  Here is a screen shot to give you an idea of the many areas it diagnoses for you.  My connection is always A+ hence all the green checkmarks so I cant show a screen shot with it diagnosing any problems.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 290 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
You have got to be kidding me, that tells a knowledgeable person nothing. What is the signal strength? Signal to noise ratio? Items like those are not measured accurately by pass or fail.
(Edited)

Admiral Korbohuta

• 92 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
The app only gives basic information, but at least you can find out if something is wrong on your end or on Viasat's end.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1456 Posts
  • 861 Reply Likes
So I must ask. When don't you get a checkmark on billing?
(Edited)