Slow slow slow speed

• Problem
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Acknowledged
I signed up for an unlimited package with the same speed I had previously. Webpages would not load tonight. It is EXTREMELY slow. It was not this slow before. It is not suppose to be throttled until 150 GB and we only have 41. Unlimited doesn't help me if it's so slow we cannot use it. I would like to have reliable service. It took the viasat homepage almost 3 minutes to load. Seriously! Would you be happy paying $70 per month for something that takes 3 minutes to load one page. You can forget watching a video. We cannot even think about watching a movie. I'm not satisfied with this speed. It was not this slow before.
Photo of Ricky Johnson

Ricky Johnson

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 30 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Ricky, If you send an email to browser@viasat.com, I will look into it.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 2583 Posts
  • 1009 Reply Likes
Last night was slow for me as well, but that's a rare event on my beam, at least for me. (ArkLaTex corner) Weather was a factor here and, it was Sunday night, a busy time on my beam with it being the last day for the kids to get anything for school homework and, personal stuff done online.

I also had hubby, stepson, 2 grand kids and, myself all online at the same time so, that slowed it down as well and, hubby was recording an on demand program. Tanked me to 4.2 Mbps for three hours and, 9.7 after the download finished. (Video excepted of course.)
Photo of Ricky Johnson

Ricky Johnson

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We all got off the WiFi in our phones and the computer would not load anything. I checked several pages and kept getting kicked out. We couldn’t watch a movie if we tried. It wasn’t raining or anything
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have same issue.
 Previous plan was twice as fast. This New modem with unlimited and is a Joke!!!  Had it for 3 days now.
New modem showed up about a month later after upgrading, (Downgrading if you ask me). Try to active the new modem and it wouldn't even get a signal.  Funny I could plug old modem back in and be fine.
 After arguing with service several times over phone that it was their equipment. They finally send a tech 3 days later and he says he needs to move the Dish. Now the New modem gets signal where the old one was fine where it was. That tells me the new modem is Junk. Too weak.   
So now I'm dealing with sh1tty speeds. 
25Mbps and unlimited is a Lie!!!!
Commercial makes fun of people using Cellphone for internet. That, Cellphones are not as fast.
 BULL SH1t!!! My cell phone will run all over this Sh1t.
And NO!!  I'm not on the WiFi !!!   I'm jacked right in when I do these speed test. << for those smart Arse people, ones that like to Troll Threads.

I went from a plan that was 12-15Mbps that actually gave me close to that, to a plan that's suppose to be up to 25Mbps and only getting 1-5Mbps all day every day.
I switch to unlimited because i didn't like being throttled to 1-5Mbps after 150Gig to a plan that is only 1-5Mbps all the time, anyways? Yeah right!!!

It's so slow, that It " times out " trying to load a web page as simple as Google. OH that's normal speeds they say. its not guaranteed 25Mps, that's up to 25Mps, they say. Well I dont know who taught you people how to count but 1Mbps to 5Mbps is not even close to 25Mbps.  

I called support at least 6 times, and I get, "that's normal for peek hours".
I'm not talking peek hours. I'm saying all the time. Morning, noon, evening, latenight, it don't matter, its always slow!!!!
Tired of dealing with the Idiots over the phone tech support. 
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1015 Posts
  • 448 Reply Likes
Have you emailed Viasatlistens@viasat.com?
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Seriously? 
OK, better not get the same run around as the phone techs. With pre-written answers that have nothing to offer as a fix.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1281 Posts
  • 980 Reply Likes
Yes, he is serious.  Emailing  Viasatlistens@viasat.com will be the best thing you have done today.  They will help you even though you came on here swearing like a drunken sailor. ( no dis-respect to non drunken sailors who may be reading this)
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1206 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
How about drunken people who are not sailors???
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1281 Posts
  • 980 Reply Likes
That is always fine, and expected.
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Funny after emailing them, my old modem has been disabled. Took me 3 reboots and 10 minutes waiting for this page to load with the new modem.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1206 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
Funny? Funny How? Do other posters on here look like a clown? Do they amuse you?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1015 Posts
  • 448 Reply Likes
Did you really think your old modem would stay activated forever?
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 181 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
The old modem would have be automatically disabled when the new modem was commissioned.
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Funny as in strange. Don’t try and down play the real issue with your “Troll” like tactics. That you people infested forms with.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1206 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
What exactly is the real issue, in your mind? As said above, once the new modem is activated your old modem would have been deactivated. Each modem has a unique MAC address. An account is tied to one MAC address at a time.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 2843 Posts
  • 2787 Reply Likes
I guess my question for G E is - now that the activation process has most likely fully completed, what's the experience like?

Yes, seriously - viasatlistens takes you out of the normal support channel and Brad (and actual employee) requested you do so last night - feel honored, he doesn't offer it to just anybody ;)

P.S. I am a drunken sailor (well maybe an airman and was on a boat once) and took no offense nor disrespect
(Edited)
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No, I couldn't comment last night because I had no service the entire night after that last post. Waited to 2am to see if it would come back online. 
I had to wait till i got to work this morning to replay here.
It is still not right. 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 2843 Posts
  • 2787 Reply Likes
Once again... viasatlistens is likely the best option if that's the case.
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Right. I am still waiting for a reply from yesterday's email. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 1206 Posts
  • 578 Reply Likes
Sounds like maybe the MAC address to your account is screwed up.
Photo of Mark here

Mark here

• 18 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This is what you get when your over your cap, unusable BS!
Speed Test Result
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1279 Posts
  • 976 Reply Likes
That is why it's called a CAP.
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
that's under your unlimited plan?
Photo of Ricky Johnson

Ricky Johnson

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes
Photo of G E

G E

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Sad. Very sad.
So not unlimited. You cant use internet that slow. Useless.