slow during peak hours

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I'm a new customer that is getting between 0.5 and 1.18 mbps from 5:00 PM until after I go to bed.  It's great at 5:00 AM  Customer service is a joke with 30-45 minute hold times and all they can tell me is that it is congestion in my area.  Is this all I have to look forward to for the next 2 years?  They offered to upgrade me to the 25 mbps plan but if the 12 plan gives me 0.5 what will the 25 plan get me? .06???
Photo of Terrell

Terrell

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of brella

brella

• 88 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Welcome. I wished you would have found this blog before you got sucked in. You are not alone with this issue. I have had exede for two weeks and every evening I get those speeds. You probably did like I did and took what they said to be honest. My speed right now is .94 Mbps. I have called more times than I can count. I was finally told by tier 2 tech to just basically live with it because that's the way it is. I have filed a complaint with FCC. I doubt it does any good. They have over sold the network. I will probably buy my way out if I doesn't get better on a month or two. I can get unlimited at 6mpbs through local WISP, (wireless internet service provider). One person on here got a discount for 6 months.
Photo of Terrell

Terrell

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They have refused to let me talk to a tier 2 tech, they said I would have to live with it and when I questioned it they hung up on me.
Photo of brella

brella

• 88 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I emailed them at exedelistens@viasat.com. include your account number with your complaint. A rep will probably come along here and reply and tell you to email them. Our speeds are ridiculously slow. Not getting what we are paying for.
Photo of Kim Murton Engleman

Kim Murton Engleman

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I upgraded to the 25 from 12. It actually got slower for me. I just reboot the modem every time it slows down (which is several times a day lately) and it speeds up to about 8 up and 5 down. Good luck. I hope it gets better for you. This is the only ISP available to me besides Hughes and they are even slower.
Photo of ggg rt

ggg rt

• 193 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Lucky you I get.27
Photo of Linda Monell Bell Birmingham

Linda Monell Bell Birmingham

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i get slow internet at all times I am going to the better business bureau 
Photo of Britt McAllister

Britt McAllister

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
There got to bee a problem some where I get 26 mbps my highest has been 36.96
Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 150 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Britt same here, but for a few months now it's getting worse. I have seen as high as 42 Mbps but not too often. Been like this from 11/2016 til now and still doing it. I am about to call At&t and look into wisp from cell phone towers.
Photo of brella

brella

• 88 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I'm out. No more exede. I'm a WISP customer now. Good luck guys. I wanted exede to work for me, it just didn't. See ya. Going to unfollow all these blogs.
Photo of Britt McAllister

Britt McAllister

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Some of it just depends on where you live and what beam you are in too because I have very little trouble ever I don't think there alot of poeple on the same beam as I am so it works better
Photo of brella

brella

• 88 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
By the way, I had dishnet before exede. When i ran out of data on dish, I got exede speeds.
Photo of bryan redlawski

bryan redlawski

• 7 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
couldnt get above 3 to 5 mbps when i had data and now I am past my data cap and get .13 to .30 not a lot of good things to say about exede lately.

Photo of ggg rt

ggg rt

• 193 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
It is what it is and no good in that