Slow connection speeds currently on the FREEDOM (NEW) 150 GB plan.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Timothy Dawson

Timothy Dawson

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 836 Posts
  • 462 Reply Likes
yeah it can be slow during the peak hours.... peak hours are from 5pm to 2am. so id suggest that you use it before OR after peak hours. like in the late morning like 11am or 10am or 1pm or 3pm. also its spring break for the kids so itll be slow... but i to am onto the freedom plan 150gbs.... so therefore ive had some slowness. but when its slow i tend to go onto my 3ds or xbox one. but i to use youtube alotta. and imma fine.... but during peak hours i tend to get slow and so on... but also its spring break so ive been experiencing slow connection also. so i use it during the night time when everyone is asleep :3
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 87 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Peak hours seem to last 24 hrs a day lately.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Timothy, 

We make every effort to fair share the bandwidth amongst our customers and are continuing to work to improve the speeds at peak times. During about 15 hours of the day – roughly from 2 a.m. to 5 p.m. – it’s likely that your speeds will be pretty good. Throughout our “peak” hours when the network is busiest – roughly 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. – there is less bandwidth available, causing speeds to be much slower. You may also want to try disabling your wireless devices except for the one you’re using.

The speed of the internet service may vary due to, among other factors, network or internet congestion, the number of users in a household at a particular time, the caliber of in-home networking connections, computer performance (including the presence of viruses or malware), the limitations of different devices (such as a smartphone versus a desktop computer) and severe weather. If you would like for us to review your account and see how we can assist please send us your account and contact info to Thank you
Photo of Levi Hill

Levi Hill

• 25 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Perhaps Exede should offer some sort of discount or hey thanks for not using your internet during these peak hours kinda of rewards plan. so far i've had nothing but trash speeds, the tool may say I am getting 8-12mbits per second but lets be real and use a tool like testmy.net or some thing where we see our real subpar speed scores
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 410 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I get slow speeds on the Boost 25 plan, I test speeds frequently. Not happy
Photo of bryan redlawski

bryan redlawski

• 7 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
or perhaps a company should provide the service that their customers pay for, wouldn't that be nice.
Photo of Timothy Dawson

Timothy Dawson

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
@Exede Lindsey i understand about the "peak hours" and that it get congested or crowded, I got all that. my thing is, We pay for up down of 12 (at least) and up of 4. In the beginning everything was fine. Now WE CAN`T EVEN GET 4mps OF SPEED DURING THESE HOURS THAT ARENT PEAK, we cant live like that, and it`s been like this for a while. Here`s what speed it is now testmy.net/db/QAzmLCc9H ( i should show u my average) . I feel so sorry for people like me and others who have no choice but to use satellite internet. And its not just u guys either we had HughesNet before, believe it or not they were worse than You guys! Sorry for being rough about it but this is ridiculous. It`s hard to do anything with less than 1mps.
Photo of Timothy Dawson

Timothy Dawson

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
To Tirzy Rice, again i know about the peak hours thing but the problem for me is that my everyday tasks require a decent internet speed. Im not gonna stay up to like 4 in morning to a decent speed that crazy lol. Another thing is i stream alot its better for me because i rarely watch t.v anymore.
Photo of Levi Hill

Levi Hill

• 25 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Well since your paying monthly Perhaps exede should pay for a 3ds or Xboxone so we can play while there is down time???? Just a thought since thats all Tirzy Rice, and Exede have been spouting. Or perhaps like Brian said "a company should provide the service that their customers pay for, wouldn't that be nice" Guess we have to wait till they launch thee old satellite into the sky. Thanks for the congestion that never goes away.
(Edited)
Photo of Timothy Dawson

Timothy Dawson

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
@Exede Lindsey should l ask for a service member to come and check my dish?
Photo of Levi Hill

Levi Hill

• 25 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Run this tool, https://myesvt.exede.net/eSVT/index.php?mac=00:00:00:00:00
replace the zeros with your mac address to your router. From here you can test your speeds via their recommended tools and then see whats up, you can also take screen shots of the time this happens all that stuff and you can use the little mail icon to escalate to them. Pretty much all they can see and do before they transfer you to someone
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 836 Posts
  • 462 Reply Likes
also they ALWAYS say the estimate of the speed is like 12mbps... and upload is 4mbps... sooooo... THEY ALWAYS SAY THE ESTIMATE SPEED will be like that... so yeah...
Photo of Levi Hill

Levi Hill

• 25 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Well Hey 25 Mbitsps, sure does sound and feels like 12Mbitsps. Just glad I am getting 4 right now, which is better than most!
Photo of Timothy Dawson

Timothy Dawson

• 0 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
yea i just cant wait till my new neighborhood gets a ground wire so that we can get at&t or someone better
Photo of Martin Paule

Martin Paule

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have subscribed to the Exede Freedom Plan since mid 2015 and have been pleased with it until recently. During the past month we have noted a serious degradation in service during peak hours. Typically we see download speeds that are in the 1 - 2 Mbps range -- not enough to sustain streaming media satisfactorily or do most of the things we got this service for. I have called customer support who confirms my speed tests. As best as I can gather, the problem results from satellite congestion. I believe that if Viasat is unable to deliver more than about 10% of its normal "up to" speeds during peak periods, when consumers tend to access streaming media most, then they should level with us about expectations.  And adjust their rates accordingly. I'm paying a premium price for subpar service. 
Photo of Levi Hill

Levi Hill

• 25 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Via sat should but never will, getting a credit from these guys is like pulling teeth.