Sites with ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in all browsers

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem solved. No need for further agent response.

A few days ago I began to notice that many sites are not loading properly, or at all.
Google Chrome states "The connection was interrupted."
Many other Exede customers have complained, this needs to be fixed.
  • Youtube - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • Gmail - Images and attachments don't load
  • DeviantArt - Images don't load
  • Vimeo - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • Steam - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • Tumblr (and related CDNs) - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • SoundCloud - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • DropBox - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • CNN - Page shown broken
  • Ubuntu Software Center and Updates - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
  • Any site with "/download" in the URL
Photo of Tristan Dinkum

Tristan Dinkum

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
You must have gone over your data allowance and you are DAPped.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Tristan, this definitely does seem odd. I'd be happy to look into this for you and see why this is happening. Please send me your information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Photo of Tristan Dinkum

Tristan Dinkum

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am DAPed, just like the others experiencing this issue.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not dapped and I have been experiencing this issue for the past 2 weeks. The service has seriously degraded, I need to click reload 3-5 times sometimes to get a page to load. 

What I don't understand is why on an internet service with such a high download speed as exede that a simple webpage takes a long time to load or don't load at all untill refreshed multiple times. When I had dialup with a low download speed pages loaded right away.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Dave, when you look at your modem status page http://192.168.100.1/?page=modemStatus is your Rx SNR at least 5.o db and your cable resistance less than 5.00 ohms? The Rx SNR  being less than 3 will slow down your download speed to the point that some websites may have problems loading. Have you checked your speed using speedtest.net or testmy.net? 
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah I can't figure out what would be causing this because everything looks fine:

Rx SNR: 9.0dB
Cable Resistance: 1.50hm

:::.. Download Speed Test Result Details ..:::Download Connection Speed:: 14353 Kbps or 14.4 Mbps 
Download Speed Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 1794 kB/s or 1.8 MB/s
Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 13

It always seems to get worse primetime between 6pm - 10pm. 

BTW Thanks for replying Steve.
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Dave - your modem stats look good, at least for the moment.  Have one of the Exede folks check things out for you.  Probably just beam congestion (based on the time of day), but they can tell you that for sure.
Photo of Austin Spiller

Austin Spiller

• 50 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
It's not his modem. There's nothing wrong on his end. It's exedes either A: new ridiculous DAP, or B: a problem in exedes system. I'm like Dave, I'm not DAPed and still am unable to load pages correctly, if not at all. This new DAP totally takes away the reason of the evolution plan. There's no point of it if this is going to stay like this. If you call exede they'll say you're DAPed and that's why even though it works before. Their customer service sucks nor do they care.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Dave, if you send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, I would be happy to take a look into this issue and see what's going on and if there's anything I can do for you. Thanks!
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Kimberly, I would but I called tech support last night and she had me hook up straight to the modem then did some things on her end, i'm not sure what though, then had me hook back through the router. 

So far it's working a lot better during the time slot of 6pm - 10pm that I was having problems with before.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Sure thing Dave. I'm glad we were able to help you out. (: If you need anything else in the future, you can always shoot us an email. Have a good rest of your day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.