• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Viasat is full of lies and will say anything to get you to sign up. Before I signed up I told them I was getting a new roof they said they would re align the dish for free after my roof was replaced since I told them a head of time. I call today to get the appointment set up and they are charging me $200. they will not hold up to there word worst company I have ever dealt with. If you want internet.<removed>
Photo of zachary

zachary

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • screwed over

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 341 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
$200, has Viasat upped the install charge or is that through a dealer and not direct from Viasat? Visaat keeps raising prices, installs in my area used to be free, now they are $150.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1562 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
Service call should be $95. DON'T pay the extra money for Easy Care. Not worth it over time.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 305 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
This appears to be a relocation after installation. EasyCare terms changed about a year ago (Andy pointed it out then when  he was still active here). With EasyCare you pay 95 for a relocation:

Dish relocation service. Have a tree in the way? Remodeling? New roof? We’ll come out and relocate your Viasat dish up to once a year at the same service address for $95, a savings of over $100 compared to a relocation without EasyCare. (Note: Does not include modem relocation).
https://help.viasat.com/articles/General/EasyCare-available-for-Viasat-Customers

Apparently Zachary got a verbal "promise" or whoever told him so was misinformed. Maybe the roofers "reinstalled it" and it can be interpreted as realignment only - unfortunately still not free without EasyCare.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1562 Posts
  • 922 Reply Likes
As always you are correct. Apparently Viasat wasnt making enough money off Easy Care, so they changed the terms of how it worked.
Photo of DEEDEE PRESLEY

DEEDEE PRESLEY

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I JUST READ THE TERMS OF EASY CARE - DOES IT NOT INCLUDE COVERING THE MODEM?
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 305 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Yes it does, the above refers to modem relocation (e.g. adding more coax so the modem can be moved to a different room or requiring a new point of entry to the house, etc.) But if you want to move the modem around on your desk, no need to call an installer ;)

If they need to come out and replace the modem, it's covered.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 305 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Who's they???
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3518 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll sort it out