mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1158 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
FWIW...a few of those city folks on VZW unlimited data (Jetpacks) have exceeded 1 TB.  $70.00/month
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
well I doubt I will exceed 1TB But I may get close in the future who knows!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Well most people can't get 100Mbps plans nor do they want to pay north of $200 for it, even if available.

But glad it is working for you.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
Wow! Just a heads up. Just be careful of not to do that very often. Because if you keep doing that. Viasat will end up making your speeds drop so drastically. To a point of where you will be throttled badly. (I heard that happened to someone on here before. But they switch internet providers. Because Viasat found out how much used so they throttled him down.)

Also, That is where all speeds went to for when everyone that is struggling so dang hard this month. It's because you hogged all the speeds to yourself ;) so no one else couldn't use the internet hardly at all expect you ;) NAH JK JK JK!!! XD

I hope your enjoy it! But also please try to take my Advice. If you want to its up to you though. Good luck!
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Im gonna take advantage of it as long as I can! Im paying $200 So they shouldnt throttle me down below 1 mbps at least for awhile anyways hopefully!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
For that amount of money, I don't blame you.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@mferner

I wouldn't be so sure about that to be honest. They got away with it for a couple of months. Then Viasat started to throttle them badly. But hey! Don't say I didn't warn ya about it ahead of time! If you come back and complain they throttled you're speeds. First thing I'm going to say is, "I TOLD YA SO!!! YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME NOW DID YA!!!"

^^^
That is the first thing I'm going to comment when you come back again on here. So good luck! Ya really gonna need it bud! :3
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1780 Posts
  • 1078 Reply Likes

mferner

Let me guess how you did that.....

Turned on Netflix or something similar, set resolution to 1080 or higher, turned on Auto-Play, started a random movie, went to bed, got up every morning to check how much data you've squandered, let it go for a month, came here to show how utterly STUPID you are, hope we're impressed.  How am I doing so far?

Heard of the saying "There's always going to one bad apple in the barrel?"
That would be you.  You're the one that will screw it up for everybody else.

There's 2 things you need to do...  #1:  Grow up,  #2: Take heed of what Deku said, she is rarely wrong... actually, I've never seen her be wrong yet, so I watch what she says carefully and so should you. 

But hey.... You're young and aren't going to listen to anybody.  You pay for your data so screw ViaSat eh?  Well, I pay for my data too and nowadays, I don't get much, but that will change soon enough.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
The forum has missed you...
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1780 Posts
  • 1078 Reply Likes
I only call'm as I see 'em.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
That is why you are the judge and jury.

But soon to be a witness for the prosecution?
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1780 Posts
  • 1078 Reply Likes
Yes, nobody is above the law (except Hillary Clinton).

I do wish we could PM here.  I'd tell you something simply amazing.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 871 Posts
  • 523 Reply Likes
Considering what we're ALL paying for this expensive service, they shouldn't be throttling anyone unless they go over their priority data.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
So go over to DSL Reports and PM - nearly everybody in this conversation is over there. Amaze us.

mferner gets to use as much data as he wants on unlimited while the capacity is there there. That's what he signed up for and those are his current terms. Nobody complained about abuse of the free zone when the capacity was there when  folks were downloading 50-60 GB a night.

When he burns his data and the capacity isn't there he'll be (de)prioritized.  He's taking advantage of his current terms and conditions just like everybody else has in the past.

It's not like he's watering his lawn during a drought! That capacity is going unused on his beam - he's not taking it from anyone.

He's fortunate enough to have a plan on a Viasat-2 that supports platinum and it's lightly subscribed. As I recall he's got a Gold plan.

Aim your righteous indignation in the direction it should be aimed - those who changed your terms and conditions using a contract you agreed to and said they could modify at any time despite the fact nobody every thought they do that. That target is not any subscriber nor any moderator, nor is it the checkout cashier at Walmart's fault that the price of lettuce went up to $1.48.

The real truth is that those plans that are impacted should never have been offered on Viasat-1 to begin and this policy change is an admission of that.

Sue them go through the formal process, go small claims, file a criminal complaint, offer up the evidence, do what you want, complain here - you're going to any way and that's your right and you may have other options in your state.
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1780 Posts
  • 1078 Reply Likes
So go over to DSL Reports and PM - nearly everybody in this conversation is over there. Amaze us.
Very good idea.  ViaSat has no veto power there.  I'll be there tomorrow.

Your defense of mferner is admirable and I stand corrected due to a second opinion superior to my own.

Apologies to mferner.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
You can ignore people on DSL Reports. Havent been over there in ages. Maybe need to go chop it up again.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
No problem for me J&J, just advising to stay focused on the real target - just yesterday I had to check myself at the checkout over that head of lettuce jumping from $1.19 to $1.48 - the guy in front of me in line got off easy this time.

I am the Walrus, let's see if you've ignored me VeteranSatUser!
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Nah. Only strange doctors.
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Yep Im on a small beam and I guess alot of ppl in my area chose to stay on viasat1, right now Im using 4ghz wifi name speed is 148 mbps and when I use the 2.4ghz name top speed I seen was 80 mbps! so it looks like it may be awhile before Im slowed way down in the evening and videos freeze! and J&J No I dont plays videos just to be playing em and not watch em! there is 3 others in this house who use the net too! so hopefully beam will stay less congested till viasat3 comes out and hopefully takes weight off the beam or either viasat extends the beam and makes it bigger or whatever it is that they cant do on viasat1 but can on viasat2!
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Casual Observer Im on the 100 mbps plan and where is the dsl reports and PM?
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Casual Observer Im on the 100 mbps plan and where is the dsl reports and PM?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1956 Posts
  • 1204 Reply Likes
4Ghz WiFi?  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1956 Posts
  • 1204 Reply Likes
4Ghz WiFi?  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1956 Posts
  • 1204 Reply Likes
Not sure if linking to another site is okay here, so just Google DSLReports.  You can sign up there and use their PM.  

Let's see... will this double post?  
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Oops meant to say 5 ghz
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 302 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Oops meant to say 5 ghz