Upset with Forum policy

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
I know my title will be changed, but the original one was "Shady".

What kind of business opens forums where people can tell me why I'm wrong for reading online reviews, and then delete my comments to defend the validity of the online review process?

Anyways. For what it's worth...if this post gets to stay up...that's shady. I was told that I was angry, etc. None of those posts were removed. I imagine because they were "happy Exede customers".
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • very, very frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman

• 234 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Todd,
This time you are wrong, they didn't remove anything and I commented on your last as having problems. You need to chill a bit and either pay the early termination fee or not. If it goes into collection, it negatively affects your credit, so either way they got you by the 'nads. Chalk it up to "shame on you" and get on about your life. Yes get your word out to the public, but remember on this blog, they control what is enough!
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
They did. I can send you copies of the emails that state what posts were removed. Shall I?
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I haven't visited the actual thread. It's useless. I just got these emails. Your reply right up there was much more rude than anything I've posted, just not as...I dunno?? Controversial? (Lack of a better term).
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3152 Posts
  • 1118 Reply Likes
Sorry Todd but I'll restate as our forum policies point out that we can change topic titles to better support searchability in our forums AND we reserve the right to remove or close comments or threads as we see fit. This forum exists to help customers and we moderate it in order to make that the case. In short it's an Exede-ran forum, so we run it and moderate it. See our post here: https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/exede-and-wildblue-forum-policies-update 

With that said,  we've said more than once in your original post that we're willing to review your issue with Termination Fees  for you and will hear you out, all we ask is that you email us directly at exedelistens@viasat.com so we can pull up your information and go from there. You'll be talking to us solely. That's the quickest way to see this addressed rather than arguing forum decorum. 
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I want to talk to real people. I don't want to email. I've stated that several times as well. The difference between you and me is Exede is paying you and I am paying Exede. That means I should get to talk to a person if I want, and not allow them to hide behind emails.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3152 Posts
  • 1118 Reply Likes
You are more than welcome to call us at 855-463-9333 and speak to an agent if you'd rather do that. I offered the email as either myself or my 2 fellow moderators on this forum (we work in the corporate office) will answer you directly without having to talk to a front line agent. Either way you get to talk to a real person phone or email alike. 
Photo of Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman

• 234 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
If you're talking to me, Todd, and you think I was rude? I would call it being practical. I hope I'm wrong but those are going to be your options in the end, and I speak from experience. The reply was not intended to be rude just to give you another perspective and I am sorry if I offended you with it. 
Photo of Todd Tilghman

Todd Tilghman

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No. I apologize. That's not what I meant. What I was trying to say was that, by comparison, what you said was more rude than the posts of mine that were deleted. I didn't think you were being rude. I see your point, but I have to say that in this situation, for as long as possible, me and Exede will have each other by the nads. I'm not letting go...and I am not quiet when there is blatant disservice. What they're doing is wrong.