Service call

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
How long did it take to get someone sent out to your home? Our internet hasn’t worked (blinking white) for about 2-2.5 weeks now. I just now tried to get a service call scheduled and they didn’t have any dates available. They said they would get with me within two days. I really need my internet back up ASAP. Anyone have any advice or experience in this?
Photo of December Hansen

December Hansen

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2255 Posts
  • 1380 Reply Likes
Get with you in two days as in call you back or make the service call?  Had you tried to get a service call scheduled prior to this?  
Photo of December Hansen

December Hansen

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Get with me in two days to schedule. This is my first service call I’ve attempted to schedule.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1581 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
If your internet has been off for 2+ weeks, why not call earlier?
Photo of December Hansen

December Hansen

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I was in and out of town, and in the process of getting it put in my name. Circumstances did not allow for any sooner.

Regardless of all of that, I was concerned that they said they had no dates available and would have to call me within two business days to find a date. Had no other info like how long it would take for them to come out etc.

In everyone else’s experience, how quickly were they able to get out to you?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1581 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
All depends on your location and availability of a tech. Some can respond in a couple days, others have said on here 2 plus weeks.

Email a mod on here (include your account number) at viasatlistens@viasat.com and maybe they escalate something for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Photo of December Hansen

December Hansen

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you! I appreciate that
Photo of December Hansen

December Hansen

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Got a call this morning and have it scheduled for Friday! Thanks everyone.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1581 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
That's great! Keep us posted on the status.