Server Problem?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
When I send an email using Windows Live Mail, I now get this message:
"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed vale. Do you want to continue using this server?"

When I click on "Continue" it does send the mail. But this never happened in the past before the new Exede email was done. I have change my ports, etc., but is there something else I need to do?

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated!

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 533 Reply Likes
I would say call the customer care line 1-855-463-9333 and tell them so they can look in to it. That's where they have been directing all the email issues so guessing they have a team there working just email issues.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Hazel, for configuration assistance in relation to the new  email, I would advise to please give our Customer Care line a call at 1-855-463-9333 so they can address these questions and concerns quickly. Thank you 
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 266 Posts
  • 172 Reply Likes
Many of us got the same message for a while, but I think they corrected that problem this and see if it repeats...
Photo of JEP

• 986 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Yeah, I believe that has been fixed.  At least it has for me.

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, all is well.  But I had called the Help line immediately when the problems surfaced, and the agent didn't know what the problem was and couldn't tell me how to fix it.  Apparently he hadn't even been informed that there was a problem on their end.  The instructions on how to change other email programs to receive/send emails from the new host program were really bad. 

For example, this is what mine said for Outbound SMTP:
  Server name:
  Ports:             465, 587
  Encription:     SSL. Start.TLS
When I asked the agent where I was supposed to enter that SSL info, he told me I didn't need to.  Why put this info in the instructions if it wasn't applicable?  What burns me up is, I had to pay a Microsoft consulting help firm to try to "fix" my problem, when it wasn't my problem in the first place.  While they had control of my computer, we did see problems disappearing, one by one, but it was whatever Exede was doing to fix their end that was causing the problems to go away.

This new product roll-out was obviously not well tested or thought out.  I can imagine how firms relying on email must have been adversely affected.