Server error 500 and inability to get advanced web client.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I am able to log on to my wildblue.net email account, however after signing in it sits there showing the loading banner forever. The only way I can get into my mail is by selecting the standard HTML version. Which will take me to my mail account. But only the MAIL function on the menu bar works, any other selection like calendar or preferences returns a error message of Server Error 500 and a back button option. I would like to set my preferences and use the advanced web client rather than the Standartd HTML Version. What do I need to do??L
Photo of NICK PERTZBORN

NICK PERTZBORN

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Nick, due to our current migration of our new email platform over to Zimbra, Some customers might experience email login issues. I would like to get this issue looked into further for you please send your account and contact info over to us at exedelistens@viasat.com as soon as you can. Thank you
Photo of NICK PERTZBORN

NICK PERTZBORN

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Lindsey,

Email id is pertzborn@wildblue.net, I use outlook 2003 on my pc to receive mail.  I have double checked the server info for incoming and outgoing and it is correct per your instructions.  My email worked yesterday and this am both in Zimbra and outlook,  but now outlook fails to login.  I receive an outlook receive error saying that the server rejected my login.   Tried to log on to zimbra via internet and got an invalid logon.  I can't send an email to  exedelistens@viasat.com because I don't have email anymore!

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2573 Posts
  • 1583 Reply Likes
Nick, you can easily set up a new email using yahoo, gmail, etc, to use to send an email to Lindsey.
Photo of NICK PERTZBORN

NICK PERTZBORN

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Steve, I guess I thought that the help center would help me on this and not pass the buck or have me creating new email accounts to communicate with them.  I guess I could just as easily switch internet providers as well.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2573 Posts
  • 1583 Reply Likes
Just trying to offer a suggestion, but I guess you really didn't want any help.
Photo of NICK PERTZBORN

NICK PERTZBORN

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Got a hold of a support person online and he said that the logon error was happening a lot.  Seems the email sever loses your email password so you get an invalid id message both in outlook and via the online log in site.  Solution is to have them reset your password.  They did this for me and I was able to receive mail again in outlook and online. 

Still have the issue on only being able to get the standard HTML version of email online, will not allow me to access anything but the mail function (i.e. calander contacts, preferences, ect. returns the Server Error 500).  Which means I am unable to change my password for email.
Photo of NICK PERTZBORN

NICK PERTZBORN

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Steve sorry to be so abrupt but frustration got to me.