Send us a new phone box NOW!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
It's getting ridiculous that you are not doing anything to get our phone box fixed and you are just letting it stay broke. You keep calling us liars that it works just fine and then proceed to close the ticket and not send us a phone box. Either send us a new box or I file a complaint with BBB. As I think it falls under those guidelines of a business not delivering a product I expect. This will be the 4th or 5th time complaining. NO ONE should have to call customer service this many times complaining about a product and NOTHING being done while paying so much.
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 135 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 322 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
What is the phone box you refer to?

Did you have the modem with no wifi built in?
And has a separate VOIP adapter?

Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 642 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
I may still have my old one around if you are needing the small box that works with the older modems.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes

I am still puzzled what a "phone box" is that Viasat provides?

Michael McDowell

• 642 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
@TheCatWillStrike

Is this what you need?
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1081 Reply Likes
@TheCatWillStrike

If you have the box shown by Michael McDowell, you MUST connect that box to the ViaSat modem as the FIRST device connected to it's proper Ethernet port or it will not work.  If you have a home router, it plugs into the Exede Voice box as the second-in-line device.

If it still doesn't work, ViaSat doesn't care, as long as they get your money every month since you have a 6 month commitment for that service.

(Edited)
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 135 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
That is what I have and it is connected to the modem. It keeps saying No Line, when it does work I can't answer calls except in between rings and it is super static. They are absolutely refusing to send us a new one and get anything done. I will file a complaint if they don't get this fixed. This will be the 4th or 5th time calling them.

Michael McDowell

• 642 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
You can have this one if you want it.  email me   mmcdowel at hotmail dot com. 
It worked fine 18 months ago when I canceled the account it was used on.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1241 Posts
  • 772 Reply Likes
I would suggest cancelling it and using a different VOIP service. You will save money. Dont buy the hype you can only use Viasat Voice.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I would suggest people stop threatening to contact the BBB. They are not a government agency, wield no power, and are basically a joke. They have Viasat rated at A+, in spite of a huge amount of complaints about them. They only care how a company responds to complaints, not how many they have. Of course Viasat usually responds to complaints by blaming the customer.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2106 Posts
  • 1274 Reply Likes
Is the Voice service equipment tied to one's account?  What I mean is, might TheCatWillSTrike have issues  trying to use ViaSat Voice equipment that isn't registered to his/her account?  And, if so, can it be transferred to his/her account so that it can be used?  

I only ask this because I know that, at least with some ISP equipment, if it's not tied to one's account, it won't work, and some companies are "touchy" about transferring someone else's used equipment to another person.  
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
@TheCatWillStrike, cancel Exede voice. They are overpriced and there are much cheaper VOIP options available. Get an Obihai adapter from Newegg or Amazon and it can be set up with just about any VOIP service out there. My service is with Anveo and I pay less than 5$ a month for my home phone. Or, if your cell provider supports it, activate WiFi calling on your cellphone and it will work over your wireless network.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 97 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
I think that the blue box with the phone in the door, and blinking light on the top would be a more desirable option. It's bigger on the inside too.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Doctor Who has one of those too.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2112 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
Oh, thanks.  Now I have the Doctor Who theme in my head!  LOL. 

Used to love that show when Tom Baker was the Doctor.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
He was the best!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 97 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Yep, like I said, blue box, phone in the door, light on the top.  Not only is it better than the other model, bigger on the inside, it could be delivered yesterday.

Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen were the best, by far.

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
The TARDIS was just an old space ship with a broken chameleon circuit.

Bill and Ted traveled the circuits of time and knew how to party on.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
But they didnt have an electronic screwdriver!
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Bill and Ted fixed their time machine with bubble gum.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Could they make VOIP calls?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
They can go anywhere at any time they want, including the launch and activation of Viasat 3.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
But so could Doctor Who.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
I’ve only watched the first four or five seasons but last I checked , the doctor had no real control of the TARDIS. It simply travels to random times and destinations due to another broken circuit.

Bill and Ted have a phone book with a number for every time and place. Bill and Ted have a fully functioning time machine and Doctor Who does not.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Doubt you watched the first four or five seasons, unless you were alive in England in the 60's as a child.  Some of those seasons have been lost to the ages.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
They were available back when Netflix still sent movies in the mail.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
Those were not the first four or five seasons. Chances are you watched the ones with Tom Baker in the 80's.

You might know M.A.S.H., but don't come across as a Whovian.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
William Hartnel was not the fourth doctor.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1253 Posts
  • 776 Reply Likes
He was not, but a number of episodes from seasons 1 through 5 are missing and do not exist.

So Netflix couldn't mail you what doesn't exist.

Just consult your offline Wikipedia or back to M.A.S.H. (I prefer the movie myself). And Doctor No better than Doctor Who.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
I have watched every episode of Doctor Who that Netflix had from the first to the fourth or fifth doctor including the very first episode titled “ An Unearthly Child.”

Regardless of whether or not I’ve seen every episode, the TARDIS is still a damaged vessel traveling randomly across time and space. Bill and Ted have control over their machine and the doctor does not.
(Edited)
Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 97 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Stephen, that's not "entirely" the case.  The TARDIS is basically alive, a bit sentient.  In fact, the Dr. has spoken to "her".  He called her unreliable, not taking him where he wanted, she said maybe not, but "I always got you where you "needed" to be", something like that.  Despite being damaged, "they" learn, random doesn't happen as much these days.  And, the Dr. doesn't fly her right, we learn he leaves the "parking brake" on, causing "the noise".  In recent times, they temporarily get a second TARDIS that is eventually disguised as a diner, that Game of Thrones what's her face leaves with that one and one of the Dr.'s companions.

Inside, many, many rooms.  Library, swimming pool, garage, collapsing star suspended in time, etc.  It can do just about anything, including the ability to tow a planet.

There simply is no comparison, none.  Bill and Ted could come along for the ride though.
/nerd rant
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Despite all of that, the doctor still has no control over the TARDIS. It is a damaged machine, albeit living, that is in need of repair.

To make matters even worse, the doctor has been traveling in a stolen TARDIS he claims to have “borrowed” while it was in the repair shop!

Bill and Ted are not thieves. Their time traveling machine was a gift from Rufus.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2112 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
An "argument" about whose fictional time machine is better.  Now I've seen it all.  :)  
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1081 Reply Likes
Fictional ?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Viasat has more control over Viasat 2 than the doctor has over the TARDIS.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1081 Reply Likes

You're looking for a debate with that one.

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
I saw b52 tonight. Your qnbitfu and I’m drunk. Meet me at the Hyatt on Loyola. I’ll bang you.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2792 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Bill and Ted had control of their time machine. They could have left a key outside of the hotel room instead of getting locked out in their underwear.
(Edited)