Deleted comments?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: settled

Not trying to complain here,  but it is my opinion that the moderators are getting a little aggressive about removing anything that is considered negative on these forums.  I have recently had 4 or 5 post replies removed.  While I am fairly certain none of them contained anything I would have considered improper or untruthful, they were still removed.

This is Exede's forum and they can certainly do as they please, but if posting information about personal experiences or opinions based on those experiences is not allowed, then let us know so we don't "break the rules".  I do support for hundreds of companies in central va and regularly refer people to Exede when they don't have good option otherwise.  I am somewhat disappointed that some of these posts have been removed.  There were no explanations, just deleted.

My challenge to Exede - respond to these posts and let them stand instead of just wiping them off the boards.  When companies start deleting the legitimate feedback of users and vendors, it concerns me that there may be truth in the posts and opinions and Exede is trying to prevent others from seeing it.  I would rather see a response from Exede explaining why the post was incorrect.

Maybe I am misinterpreting things and they were removed for another reason, but no explanation was given for the reason so I am left to ponder the why of things.

Hopefully this one will stay up a little longer than my last reply.......
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Brian, the point of this forum is for people to get answers and exchange ideas. When posts veer off into just griping, they don't serve that purpose and are occasionally removed. We try to err on the side of letting comments stand. If you have a question about any one in particular, you can reach me at alex.miller@viasat.com.
Photo of Matt F

Matt F, Viasat Official Rep

• 114 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Brian, 

If you're referring to the post by another user that characterized ALL of our installers as being bad at their jobs and Exede as not caring about customers, you're correct -- that was deleted. On top of everything else, it contained factually inaccurate information.

Please note that your numerous posts talking about your own experiences have not been removed.

Thanks,

Exede Matt
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
I am talking about 3 or 4 other posts that have also been removed as well - all of them very recently.  Re-reading them, none of them were posted with the purpose of basheing Exede or stated anything along the lines of the post by the other user "who must not be named".  The deletion of the last post was just the trigger to post my concerns on this. 

Please understand something from my perspective.  It gains me very little, if anything to share my thoughts with Exede or other users.  In fact it costs me way more than it gains in the time it takes to write them. 

Again I recognize the right of Exede to run this board as they see fit and I do not disagree with the right to delete any and all content they wish. 

Thank you for the update.
Photo of carol

carol

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I don't understand why I can't do the same thing on Exede as I did on Wildblue and had less data allowence. It feels to me the company talked us all into getting a faster Exede and then we were stuck with a service that didn't allow us to use our internet like we use to. I have a Virgin Moble hot spot and I can do more with 5 gb on it than when I use the Excede 10 GB. I updated my iPhone on Exede and my husbands on the hotspot and I used 5 gb on Exede and less than one on the hotspot. That is a big difference. I have forwarded all the emails that say the same thing. I have over a hundred. Something is wrong with the data usage on Exede.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2407 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
Hi Carol,  Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We wold love to look into this further.  Please send us your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. If you have details and examples, please include that as well. Thank You.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.