Scam to get more money!

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
we just had our ViaSat connected. the tec put the dish in a very bad location, hooked to our porch railing right under the roof. We get at times 8-10 foot of snow right where the dish is located.
We told the tec that and he says just shovel it away. we are 70 & 80 years old and and unable to do so. Now they want to charge us $95.00 to come move it. This is NOT right. Maybe we will have to report to the better business. We are NOT happy customers !
Photo of Carol Diann Kuch

Carol Diann Kuch

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3205 Posts
  • 2065 Reply Likes
Better to have your dish located within reach than if it gets moved to a higher location, like the roof. Snow will stick to the dish, and will absorb the signal, with a few inches of snow on the dish, you will loose your signal to the point you have no internet. 

Carol Diann Kuch

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
they could have put it on a pole, like my tv is ;)
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 478 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
Garden hose with a high pressure nozzle cured all my snow and ice on dish problems. Dish was probably at a 12' height on the roof, I could clean it from the ground. I probably had an advantage having well water at a constant 55 degrees even if it is single digits outside. City water would probably be barely over freezing.
(Edited)
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 329 Posts
  • 127 Reply Likes
This is typical of viasat's customer service. When you can replace your service.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 402 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
Attachment to a porch railing would not adhere to Viasat's standards - take a picture post it here and see if the moderators can sort it out.

Carol Diann Kuch

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ya think, plus it would get broke off from the snow and they would charge to replace it !!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1790 Posts
  • 1036 Reply Likes
Where do you get 8 to 10 foot of snow????
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2340 Posts
  • 1429 Reply Likes
Drifts, maybe.  We get them that high here.  

Carol Diann Kuch

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
we are on the snow belt between twin lakes and spirt lake in Idaho. and with our  A frame it dumps right where the idiot put the dish!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1790 Posts
  • 1036 Reply Likes
Take a picture of the install and email it to viasatlistens@viasat.com. If the install was not to spec initially, you wont have to pay $95 to make it right!
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1049 Posts
  • 510 Reply Likes
As Dances With Woofs stated, that would not meet our standards.  If you're within 90 days of installation, then there would be no charge for the service call, especially as the install was bad.  

As ExSat sated, email us!  viasatlistens@viasat.com  Be sure to include your account information so we can find you!

Carol Diann Kuch

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
<DELETED>
(Edited)
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 359 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Don't put your account information here or phone number...remove it  and e-mail it to Matt instead.  This is an open forum and anyone can see it.
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2340 Posts
  • 1429 Reply Likes
Remember, Markgc, if you reply directly to a post the person can no longer edit it.  If you reply indirectly, like I have to you, they can.  

If you delete your post, they'll then be able to edit it.  Still, it's likely that a rep will edit out the info when they see it.  
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 359 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Thanks...I never knew that..a strange software glitch I guess
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 478 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
When is Viasat going to do a better job of keeping tabs on their 3rd party contractors? I must have had a half dozen and they all were lacking in one form or another.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 478 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
You just called an obviously feeble elderly couple whiners, what is wrong with you and why do the powers to be tolerate you? I am speaking to Robin, the latest over the top Viasat lover.
(Edited)