Scam and bad company

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Scam I don't have viasat no longer they 230.00 out my account . And then the following month they take 160.00 out my account and I returned their equipment and still they going in my account. And everytime I call they bring up some boggest stuff up saying I owe them money. Plus service sucks
Photo of Gloria Sterling

Gloria Sterling

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • pissed

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Gloria, please email viasatlistens@viasat.com and include all relevant information such ass account information, tracking numbers for the returned equipment, date you started and ended Viasat service, etc.... They will be able to look into it and, see why you are being charged.

Possibilities range form errors with returned equipment being processed to early termination fees to not all of the required equipment being returned, to a simple computer error on their end so, please email them.
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Lewis

Gary Lewis

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Don't feel to bad you are 1 in 1000 with the same problem. We should all get together and sue them. Gary Lewis
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3491 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
Hi Gloria

Bev is correct. Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll work with you
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Viasatdoesn’tlisten .com
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Another crap post from Viacrap.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Go ahead and tell me what was wrong with that reply.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I have contacted Viasat by email in the past and they got back with me and fixed the problem. Have you even tried to get help?
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1298 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
I have fmj77. They never fixed the problem they identified as congestion. Go figure.
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Fmj77, they never help. It’s always the same fake response every time.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Gloria's problem is a billing and administrative issue - viasatlistens is better positioned to handle those than technical issues.

I doubt she'll be told it's due to congestion. If she contacts them and that's what she's told, let us know and I'll even call them out.  She's canceled and the cancellation process has failed. Let them sort it out.

Brad, Diana and Matt B are members of Viasat's Social Care Team. They aren't customer service nor are they technical support.  They're only the faces you get to yell at - they investigate and escalate your problem to proper channels when you email them.

Try treating them with some respect and give them some incentive to do so on your behalf. The email along with your account and contact info authorizes/enables them to act on your behalf if they can. That has to occur every time regardless if you've gotten to know them on a first name basis or not. Their job is not to provide direct support through social media in 140 characters or less.

Frequently I suspect they're at the mercy of receiving a response themselves before they can respond but any responses will be private not public. Try following up politely if you don't get a response.

That's what's wrong with your reply - its lack of respect and you're discouraging Gloria from seeking help through that channel, which is also disrespectful to Gloria.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3491 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
I would strongly encourage the original poster Gloria to email us. This is an issue we can certainly look into and help her out with. 

For those that indicated they've contacted us and were not given a satisfactory response on the count of congestion, that's a little different story than a billing issue. Congestion is a network traffic issue and something beyond the control of what can be sorted by an email and could take some time to see relief. Our engineers routinely take measures to better balance traffic on the network, beams get closed to new subscribers, etc. I would say anything really speed related could be best taken care of live on a call to our support team as they can see an issue live. 
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1298 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
The congestion reference was dig at the new or “revised” ViaSat policy that pretty much makes my particular data plan completely at the mercy of ViaSat’s whims. ViaSat has made congestion the answer to all problems. It also subvertly references an exchange I had with ViaSatlistens and the response given.

The OP’s billing question had been answered in full many times before, and is often the case, the threads go off topic. Don’t see anyone proving advice that hasn’t done the same.
Advice seldom given in relation to billing subscriptions is simply put all subscriptions on a credit card if you can. As long as you followed your obligations, report any wrong charges to the credit card company who will ask for your documentation and take it from there. If you are in the right, I guarantee no more charges and any wrongful charges will be reversed. Much safer system than relying on customer service or any Customer Care Team.
(Edited)
Photo of Orvil William Carter

Orvil William Carter

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Had it set up on first of the month paid 60 up front they said free installation and first month free with a pre alteration of 60 few days later they shut off the internet and phone said we owed they money what a scam
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2098 Posts
  • 1267 Reply Likes
I've never heard of ViaSat offering the first month free.  
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
Never heard of them doing alterations either...
Photo of Danielle Brennan

Danielle Brennan

• 95 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Orvil, you  must have been dealing with one of those third party re-sellers and not Viasat. Viasat has never offered free months of service that I am aware of.
Photo of Gary Lewis

Gary Lewis

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yell right. Just like they have me. They are scam and con artist.
Photo of Gloria Sterling

Gloria Sterling

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Over it I talk them several time and they tell me the same bull that nothing they can do.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Send the email requested above - it's not going to the same place you call and they may be of greater assistance. Would you prefer emailing to corporate headquarters as requested or talking with somebody in a call center reading off a script? Your choice... may not help to email but not much to lose at this point.

You need to include your account and contact info with that email and tell them what your problem is. Like I said different department. Don't post any private info here.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Just because you don’t understand something or didn’t do your due diligence doesn’t make Viasat a scam. Ignorant people on here lately.
Photo of Gary Lewis

Gary Lewis

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have emailed them several times. Even left return phone number nothing. Go figure. They are just con artist. They only care about getting your money. Regardless how long it takes. Figure it this way. Hoping people give up. Then they keep it like always. Still think a law suite and getting a hold of FCC with a complaint. Do something to stop their term oil.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I was talking to Gloria.

An employee, Brad, reached out to her she should do as he requested if she wants help.

Brad was talking to Gloria, not you and we don't even know what problem you're having since you haven't told us. Brad has gotten at least a general idea of what Gloria's problem is and feels he can help. You he's not so sure about.

If she doesn't want help she should listen to you.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 434 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
Law suit.
Photo of Gary Lewis

Gary Lewis

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
My problem is they still have not returned my calls or emails let alone my money. And I do have a returned receipt from ups showing they equipment was returned. No see if you can help that.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Try that specific email address and you need to provide them your account, contact inf, and what your problem is. This is a public forum, customer to customer help and no we can't help you with that. Only employees can, but there not going address it in a public forum. Help yourself and be persistent.

Complaining here ain't gonna get the job done. Good grief!
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3445 Posts
  • 1289 Reply Likes
This is exactly what I'd suggest. Old labs isn't an employee he's a customer. I on the other hand am an employee with the corporate office. The ONLY email that goes to me or my team is the viasatlistens@viasat.com email. We will work with you. I do see you have a closed case from December so we'll need you to email us again. For account security reasons I will not discuss anything further about your account but we'll follow up in a new email if you reach out.