Savings at Exede

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Just yesterday I received a voicemail telling me that I was not taking advantage of some $120 in savings on my Exede service. I have called the number the gentleman left but nobody answered. Does anyone know what this is all about?
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
If you have DirecTV, you may be able to bundle and save $10 per month for 12 months. This is supposed only to be allowed when you sign up but I have seen on the forum where customers have called afterwards and were able to get it retroactively. Check in with one of the mods if this applies to you.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
HI Jim, Thanks, I will try again and find out. I am nearing the end of my DirecTv 2 yr contract,, they might hace am offer going on...
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Official Response
I am not aware of any such sales calls going out from us, so it may be a scam (especially since no one answered). You can get a discount similar to that if you add Exede Voice -- it's $10/month for six months for existing customers.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Alex, Thanks for your prompt reply. The voicemail stated that I could save up to $180 in the next 12 months, and to give him a call back within 48 hours. The number is 855-872-3550.
Thanks
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Joe, I'm not finding that number associated with us or DirecTV anywhere. I would be cautious.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
When I called the number, a recording identifies  them as ViaSat. $10 per month for 12 months from DTV plus $10 per month for 6 months from Exede Voice would add up to the $180 you were quoted. Since Beau says it is not ViaSat, it may be an independent dealer.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks a lot Jim, you are probably right. I tried calling today but had no luck.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
If Beau says there not ViaSat I would he very cautious and would just send exedelistens an email and see if they can look over your account and get you any discounts. I would hate to see it be a scam and you give them personal info
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks! I did so already.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.