run as fast as you can from this junk , I can't even send simple inspection photos , class action suit is needed

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

run as fast as you can from this junk , I can't even send simple inspection photos , someone needs to get a class action started against these crooks
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Strange. My service works great. I stream and download music and videos every day without a problem, even through a pretty big ice storm that we just had. Maybe it's because my installer did a heck of a job when he put my equipment in over 10 years ago.
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sorry not buying it
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Whatever. You're just showing your complete ignorance.
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Good one sheep
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 425 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Same here. My system works better than I ever expected. Then again, I expected very little from satellite. Could be a bad install or something else. Have you called Viasat or the installer?
Photo of Bill Polhemus

Bill Polhemus

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don’t know what to think about comments like this. We just moved from a large urban area where we had high-speed cable internet (~200 mbps) to a rural area where the “Gold Level” Viasat is available (around 30-35 mbps).

I’ve had some minor, annoying issues like low availability with specific streaming sites, primarily real-time live events such as ESPN. But mostly we are satisfied, have had good service and good support.

So what is the difference between our setup and yours? I think therein lies the key.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2791 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
What plan are you on and how much data have you used for your current billing cycle?
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
100 bucks a month should be able to email photos no matter what , ridiculous
Photo of Val

Val

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what size are the photos you are trying to send? and how many? What email service are you using?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2791 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Once again. What plan are you on and how much data have you used for the month? There is more than one plan for $100 a month.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Stephen, don't waste your time. He doesn't want any help. He just wants to complain, moan and threaten lawsuits.
Photo of mark

mark

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Once again if you can’t send a simple iPhone photo does it matter , FMJ does your daddy own Viasat
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 425 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Are you here only to complain? Or do you actually want to solve your problem?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2791 Posts
  • 1452 Reply Likes
Good point fmj77. I don’t even know why I bother with these people.

I had to ask the same question to the last guy a dozen times before he finally answered.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I send photos regularly, send via email, upload to forums and hosting sites - no problem. I suspect there is a reason Mark can't do that, or is too impatient to wait for the speed of around 3 Mbps up to upload the photo.

That or he tried sending attachment that exceeded the size limits of his email provider.
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 425 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Yes, I tend to think people who complain actually want also to solve their problem, but the reality is that many just want to complain. I think it is a sign of the times and the government trying hard to make everyone dependent on government. Used to be people would actually try to solve their own problems. Now they expect someone else to come make it all better.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I agree @Voyager. I do try to help where I can but, there are some that simply aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. My grandfather - may he rest in peace - was one of those. Wonderful man, love him still but, he always had a complaint and never really wanted it corrected. 
Photo of Dio Brando

Dio Brando

• 84 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
The customer agreement you signed is 
pages
long

good luck with that "class action lawsuit"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.