Robbed

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
So I have the Bronze 12 plan (which was the only option given to me )that was supposed to be $70 a month minus $10 due to me being a Direct TV customer. I pay via auto pay, and notice the first few months were $80 something then they started charging me $120. So I call and the rep I spoke with was extremely rude and not helpful to say the least. I also see the bronze 12 is $50, the silver 25 is $70 and the Gold is $100. I am aware there are taxes, however if I am paying $120 a month I should be getting the Gold plan and why am I paying an outrageous amount for the bronze plan I have. I chatted with someone before I got disconnected somehow and was told I got a $30 discount for 3 months. I was only told the bronze plan was available for $70 and was never told about a price increase after 3 months. Is there a way to fix this issue, other than cancelling ? Thank you
Photo of Kris

Kris

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 4566 Posts
  • 2808 Reply Likes
First, Viasat plans have variable pricing. So depending on your location, the Bronze plan could indeed be the same price as say a Silver or Gold plan in another locale. I dont agree with it, but this is what they do.

Second, your promotional pricing as most likely expired. This typically runs a few month for new subscribers and then you will see a price increase. But to be sure, contact Viasatlistens@viasat.com and ask them to review your bill. Be sure to include your account number in the email.

Finally, you are welcome to cancel. Just remember there is an early cancellation fee of $15/month for every month remaining.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2290 Posts
  • 444 Reply Likes
Hello Kris, VeteranSatUser is correct.  If you choose the Unlimited plan, you receive a discount for 3 months and the price is increased. We want you to have a reliable and affordable service. We can take a look at your account and see what's going on. Please send us an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information.
(Edited)
Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
https://www.viasat.com/internet and put in your zip code. Then you can see the plans available and how the promotional pricing works. Those do no include the equipment lease fee either.
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 132 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
And if you want easy care that is another $8.99 a month to be covered if something goes wrong and they have to send someone to your home to check or fix the problem. Without easy care it will cost you $95 for each time you need someone to come out to fix something. Never understood why we pay a lease fee to not have them fix there own equipment just greed I suppose.