Return of Equipment

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
For the moderators.

Paragraph F of the Customer Agreement states:
F. Return of Equipment. Additional charges will apply as specified in the Lease Addendum if (i) you fail to return the modem and transceiver within 30 days after termination of this Agreement, or (ii) you agree to upgrade your Internet Service, which requires the activation of a new modem, and you fail to return your original modem within 45 days after agreeing to upgrade your Internet Service. If you purchased your Equipment, you are not required to return the Equipment upon termination of this Agreement. In any event, Viasat is not obligated to de-install the Equipment.

The bold font is by me.

I paid for my equipment upfront in one lump sum many years ago. Does this constitute a purchase? Does this mean that I do not have to return the Viasat modem and dish if I cancel? I have had Viasat/Exede/WildBluefor more than 10 years.
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 195 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1021 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
M.E.M.,

In the Wildblue days, and the very beginning of Exede service, we offered the option to outright purchase the equipment.  That option has not been available since.  Without seeing your account, I can only guess which applies.  

Send us an email with your account info, and we can tell you for sure.  viasatlistens@viasat.com