Reposting this due to it being taken down.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress

I posted this image last night. I guess it was taken down. I basically said the following:

Throttle me all you want Viasat, but you’ll never get me to give in to your shady business of trying to get me to buy more expensive data after use my low datacrap. 12gb for $60. What a greedy joke. The only way I can not do is to hardly use the internet. Bull ...

Your Customer service sucks. Might as well not exist. At least the ‘champions’ make a better effort to help the community. Every time I make a call I get someone reading off of a script to me telling me lies about troubleshooting.

As more and more rural data companies rise with better service you should think of a better way to sell your product. I’ve seen companies do promised consistent speeds of the least of 10mbps and 200gb data cap. Not only that but when you use it all up they let you buy more data for 50gb for $10. Lot better than 1gb for $10. That’s great.

But hey, why would you care? You know all of here have no other choice, so screw us.

WHEN I GET ACTUAL INTERNET ONE DAY I HOPE YOU GO BROKE.
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
I 2nd the emotion.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2098 Posts
  • 1268 Reply Likes
If you look at your profile and the threads in it, you can see the post from last night.  It was closed and archived, with the reason for such given.  
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
I posted this image last night. I guess it was taken down.
Of course it was "taken down," because your post was nothing but a useless and rather degrading attack that reported no problems so they could be fixed.

Who do you think put the champions in place on this forum so they could help the community?  ViaSat.  The customer service you call ViaSat's is actually provided by a 3rd party company that ViaSat contracts with.  Why, you might ask?  Because providing 24/7/365 customer service in-house is ultra expensive and beyond the reach of all but the largest corporations, the cause of that being endless government mandated red tape, fees, taxes and regulations.

Regarding "better service in rural areas," ViaSat's service is much beefier than anything else in my area, and more reliable.  ViaSat also has unlimited plans.  Did you look at those?  Regarding the problems you're having, did it occur to you the cause could be right at your location, as for example a dish out of alignment or software programs on your computer that are interfering with your internet connection?

Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
I guess that excuses and makes it okay for terrible customer service and service in general.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Except the ViaSat service is anything but "terrible."  It's as if you want to look for every excuse to dump on ViaSat instead of genuinely trying to find and fix the true problem you're experiencing.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
Wrong, I pay for the easy care service each month which I think just went up over 50% to 8.99 a month. They have been to my house 3 times and nothing is wrong at my end. Maybe you shouldn't be such an apologist and admit that not all is well with Viacrap and what it says it will provide vs what they do provide. It's obvious that I cant get anywhere near 25Mbps most of the day yet you "champion" this and hide behind the "up to" crap. That wonderful customer service told me on one phone call they had switched me to new sat before it was even operational. I made mention of that here and was told that couldn't happen yet customer service tried to blow smoke up my rear. It's the beam and nothing else for me so move on down the line with your true problem.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Just curious, what specific beam number and I assume you're on Viasat-1 from your ongoing saga?

https://www.northlc.com/_images/beam_priority_map.png

(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2180 Reply Likes
Tim pops in once and awhile to let all of us know he isn't getting 25 Mbps.  Neither do I.
Thanks for updating us Tim!
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Wrong, I pay for the easy care service each month which I think just went up over 50% to 8.99 a month. They have been to my house 3 times and nothing is wrong at my end. Maybe you shouldn't be such an apologist and admit that not all is well with Viacrap...so move on down the line with your true problem.
As I stated previously, it's as if you want to look for every excuse to dump on ViaSat instead of genuinely trying to find and fix the true problem you're experiencing.  This latest response is just one more example of that.  I have the same service you do and I have no problems.  So, the question now becomes: what's different about your specific location and/or installation that is causing your problems.  It could be any number of things, including the software on your computer.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Tim pops in once and awhile to let all of us know he isn't getting 25 Mbps.  Neither do I.
Thanks for updating us Tim!
For all intents and purposes, I might as well be getting 25 Mbps.  During light traffic hours, if I open my connection wide, I can get as much as 2.5 Mbytes a second.  When traffic is heavier, I'll get less but that's the case for every ISP.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
Are you serious? I just explained why nothing can be done, yet you seem to think I can fix it by being nice. Are your lips chapped?
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
Old Labs, From that map, it looks like 8318 0r 8317, hard to read number in Eastern Missouri. One tech told me my house was close to 3 beams. I was below 1Mbps last night for most of the evening.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
Te3ch support says I am on Sat 1 beam 317
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
If you are close to multiple beams, then you are on a beam's edge. Not a good place to ge because you start out with a low RxSNR from the start.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 479 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
What is RxSNR
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Receive Signal to Noise Ratio - quality of the signal received from the satellite.

You can check it yourself at:

http://192.168.100.1/?page=modemStatus

Those 8's on the map are actually B's (for beam) - as VeteranSatUser points out being near the confluence of three probably places you at the edge of 317 where the signal is lowest. Signal is highest at the center of the beam footprint.

I was really more interested in seeing whether others on your Viasat-1 beam were having similar experiences to yours.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 992 Posts
  • 492 Reply Likes
yourguytim,

The post was taken down due to spamming.  You've been starting a lot of new threads on the same subject, clogging up the forum, preventing others from finding information and seeking help.  

If you post to the same thread, you'll get the same effect and attention, as the thread will move back to the top.  I'll leave this thread up for this reason.  New threads on the same subject will be removed.

If you do want some more information on your service, help finding out exactly what's using your data, or any other questions, email us!  

viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
See the source image
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 105 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
yourguytim needs a hobby ,  our some other help  very unhappy person
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2789 Posts
  • 1451 Reply Likes
I find it humorous that someone signs up for a 12 gb plan, refuses to manage his data usage, and then complains that 12 gb isn't enough data for $60 a month.

You have several options.

Option 1 is to manage your usage. I am on Liberty 12 and I've used as much as 300 gb in a month thanks to the free zone.

Option 2 is to pay for a higher data plan if you manage your usage.

Option 3 is for you to find someone else in your area that offers more than 12 gb of data for $60 a month.

What you are basically doing is walking into a resturaunt and complaining that you can't have a filet mignon for $3. Either enjoy the french fries your $3 can buy or pay more money for a steak.
(Edited)
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 105 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Might work for you not for others 12g not a lot went with 25gb glad you eat steak don't get fat now not good for your health steak
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2789 Posts
  • 1451 Reply Likes
It was an analogy. I'm actually vegetarian.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2098 Posts
  • 1267 Reply Likes
No, 12GB isn't much, but if it's the plan one chooses it's the plan they have to make work.  And, in reality, 12GB can work, but steps need to be taken and specific activities need to be limited in order to make that 12GB last the entire month.  

Using ad blockers and video blockers, including for pre-loading.  Avoiding or limiting data intensive activities, like watching Youtube videos.  Avoiding streaming altogether.  Only running as many speed tests as needed, as speed tests themselves can use a LOT of data if they aren't controlled by data size rather than how long they run.  Making sure to keep a data reserve, if you will, for updates. 

Again, one can make 12GB last for an entire month, though they have to be vigilant in that endeavor.  Maybe not every month, as when there is an update like the recent W10 1809 update (since removed from distribution) you're down to 9GB for the month, but for a "regular" month it can be done.  
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
How about you take down the post from the rest of these guys. They say the same thing everyday.
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Did you morons read my post?

Hey Matt b., clogging up the forum, really? I have complaints. That’s a problem. Do you dont not see that’s a category for your posts.

What a joke.
Photo of yourguytim

yourguytim

• 139 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Did you morons read my post?

Hey Matt b., clogging up the forum, really? I have complaints. That’s a problem. Do you dont not see that’s a category for your posts.

What a joke.
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 105 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
12gb was OK but want too do other stuff so got 25gb much better plan
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2098 Posts
  • 1267 Reply Likes
yourguytim,

Is it your goal to be banned?  I ask this because you seem to not only not care about being warned about your multiple complaint posts, but you throw out insults and actively circumvent the system that prevents the use of foul language.