Refusal to answer my question

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I asked what this email meant. Changes have been made to your account. CHANGES I DID NOT AUTHORIZE And why has my account # been changed to to Account Number: Hi CHARLES,Our records indicate the following change(s) were made to your Viasat Internet account on 12/5/2019:Account Password ChangeIf you authorized this change, please disregard this notice. If you did not make the change(s), please contact us at 855-463-9333 as soon as possible.We are committed to the privacy and security of our customers.
Photo of Charles Grimsley

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1776 Posts
  • 1027 Reply Likes
Probably because it is a phishing email.

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, I just got another email saying my instal will be Wed instead of Tue and using a different account number that what I was given on 12/4?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1776 Posts
  • 1027 Reply Likes
So you dont even have Viasat yet?

There is lot of red flags in that email in no way would I call that number!

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I called that # once and the person that answered could tell me anything and we were talking about two different account #s.  That was the first I had hear about rescheduling the install date.  Since then I have tried everything I know to find out what is meant by Exede Voice service disconnected

Our records indicate the following change(s) were made to your Viasat Internet account on 12/5/2019:Account Password Change. I authorized  NO SUCH ACTION.

>I called that number and the guy that answered had no idea what Exede Voice service disconnected ment nor why this emal list my account 
(Edited)
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 164 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
That phone number is for ViaSat billing. Do you have an install scheduled?

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, when I call the 855 # That was the first I had heard about rescheduling the install date.  Since then I have tried everything I know to find out what is meant by Exede Voice service disconnected Our records indicate the following change(s) were made to your Viasat Internet account on 12/5/2019:Account Password Change. I authorized  NO SUCH ACTION.

>I called that number and the guy that answered had no idea what Exede Voice service disconnected ment nor why this emal list my account  ######
(Edited)
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 164 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Just guessing but sounds like the Tue install got cancelled and a whole new install created for Wed. The 'system' saw changes for the same Email and sent the Email notifying you. Hence nobody can tell you where it came from.

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I believe so.  i first was told it would be on tue. the 10 but, since then they sent me an email saying the instal was scheduled for Wed. the 11th.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2327 Posts
  • 1419 Reply Likes
For future reference, this is a public website.  Never post personal information like an account number.  

A rep will likely edit your opening post to remove the account number, but with it being the weekend it won't be until at least Monday when that happens.  However, unless and until someone directly replies to your two reply posts with the account numbers, you can edit them, and you should do so.  
(Edited)

Charles Grimsley

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I got one instance deleted but have not found a way to delete the others.  The one 18 hours ago and the very 1st one.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2327 Posts
  • 1419 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, by the time you tried Harvey Mueller had directly replied to the second one, locking it.  I was hoping people would see my post and avoid doing so.

The reps will be able to edit that one, too.