Refund

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
AT&T Tech recommended Viastat.  Gathered a phone number from the Web.  Was told I would be refunded the $100.00 install fee in 7 days and an additional $60.00 fee immediately.  So two weeks later no refund.  Called Viastat and they told me my installer and sales person was a third party company called Qology.  Viastat states I will have to work with this 3rd party company to get my refund but Viastat cannot give me a phone number for this company nor can I find it on the net.  Feeling scammed!!!!  But I will not stop until I get to the bottom.  Also the speed and connection has not proven to be that great.  More to come!!!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Complaint.
Photo of Vera Eaton Brock

Vera Eaton Brock

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3525 Posts
  • 1322 Reply Likes
Hi Vera

The $60 fee is a pre-authorization fee that is refunded within 3-5 business days. All refunds take that long.

As for the dealer some charge the fee and it's not on our financial system since we didn't charge it but if you are still waiting for a refund please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com or call 855-463-9333
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 329 Posts
  • 127 Reply Likes
One scapegoat or another viasat will get out of it. But ethically viasat should take care of it, not that viasat is ethical. This whole, "The buck stops somewhere..." Customer service is BS. There are 1000 excuses to be made but with out regard to them, this is Viasats fault.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2258 Posts
  • 1381 Reply Likes
Vera, 

There's a Qology Network in Margate, FL.  Might this be it?