Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC Version

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Proof this is 2019 and not 1999 when it comes to internet usage?

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC Version) is 112.5GB.

For those of you with no free zone and not a lot of priority data left in your plan, best of luck to you downloading this one!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 94 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
With my 3 hour LNFZ it should take about 9 days to download the game. Thank you very little Viasat. Too bad PC games don't come out on disc any more.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
How many discs would it take? I cant imagine!!!
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1337 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
That’s about 40 minutes for me. Long enough to eat supper.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 297 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
I never had any trouble downloading or playing any video games with Viasat. Viasat was just as good as the fastest cable for playing the games I did. It was a great experience. Of course I played, chess, poker and black jack, ha,ha.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1337 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
As long as it wasn’t speed chess you’d be fine.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
I knew Bradley would chime in!

Seriously, the massive size of this game is freaking me out!
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1337 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
I have a full 4tb external and the internal 1tb full on my One X. Games are astronomical in size these days. Gears 4 is like 120gb. Quantum Break is similar.

Imagine a hdd failure on Viasat.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
To put it in context, when Viasat first came out with Exede in 2012 it offered a 7.5GB/month plan with hard cap and no free zone.

It would take 15 months for me to download Red Dead Redemption 2 with that plan!

Admiral Korbohuta

• 94 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Exsat, they could probably fit that game on 2 blu-ray discs if PC gaming hadn't gone all digital.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
I would prefer that!

Admiral Korbohuta

• 94 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Me too. Would sure save a lot of time and data.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2175 Posts
  • 1336 Reply Likes
The good old days, when you bought a game and it actually came in the box.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
Then the 40Gb patches will come in a month...if just 40GB!

Admiral Korbohuta

• 94 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Just proves how far behind the times satellite internet has fallen. At least there's hope for Viasat 3!
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
Satellite internet has always been playing catch up and always will because of how long it takes to plan, build, and deploy.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1337 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
That’s not what Elon says ;).
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
This game is going to make me update my system too. I just know it!
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 187 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Well been a while since I have posted on the forum, hope all is going good for everyone. ExSatUser I will be doing that upgrade Monday, I have been waiting on a fixed wireless company to finish putting up a tower near me and now they are done so I will become another to jump off sat net. My speeds will be 10mbps down and 1mbps up for $100 a month with true unlimited data. I could get faster or slower speeds but 10mbps is what i'm used to so I will go with that but heck I can get 3mbps for $44 If I wanted to but with gaming that would be a bit to slow as you say in this post downloads are huge now for games.   
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1337 Posts
  • 437 Reply Likes
Congrats Terry. With true unlimited you can set an Xbox system to power itself on to update games and even push downloads from the mobile app from anywhere. Not sure about PlayStation. Might save you some money, but you’ll probably not regret the higher speeds if streaming. If you have more than one system you can set the other consoles to update off the primary system and save some bandwidth there too.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1466 Posts
  • 867 Reply Likes
Congrats Terry! You won't miss satellite internet. Speeds are one thing, but low latency really makes a big difference too!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.