Random connectivity issues the last few weeks

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
The last few weeks I've had non-weather related connectivity issues, ranging from random slowdowns that last seconds to minutes even during periods of non congestion, such as 9AM in the morning, to full on signal loss, had two of those so far. Talked with the live chat agent in the Viasat app twice, they said they see the problem in the modem logs of a signal loss, and the report of the app diagnostics that show dis misalignment, but there's no reason to worry because the app reports a dish misalignment even when there's any kind of signal issue. The modem doesn't have a signal meter as such, and I'm not an expert in what the SNR (varies between about 7-8.5dB) and RX power should be, but that's about all I can see to go by. Not sure which beam I'm on. I know it's not packet loss like I had with HughesNet *shudder* because extended command line ping tests (hundreds of pings) show large variances of pings to a neutral site (1.1.1.1, Cloudflare's DNS) which I didn't have until I started having these issues, while not having any lost packets.

So basically I'm wondering if there's an existing issue with the Viasat system, or if it does look or sound like there may be an issue with my system that I should call tech support about.

Photo of NVMe

NVMe

• 28 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1591 Posts
  • 932 Reply Likes
Viasat-2. There have been some problems with people on Viasat-2. I think it is pretty to correct, but you probably need to have your issue escalated to a support level above what the first line provides.
Photo of Lois M

Lois M

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
In the last week my connectivity has dropped over 200 times, technician has been here the first time (yesterday) and changed something out on the dish, the second time (today) I got a new modem, and it's still doing the same thing.  A different tech will be here in a few days.  I think it is within the Viasat system, maybe they have their power turned down, regardless its them, not my equipment. Cellular companies turn their power down sometimes, and it effects customers.  I have had this service for about 6 months with no problems until a week ago.  I am thinking about getting a straight talk hot spot, and try that out
Photo of NVMe

NVMe

• 28 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just called Viasat and the recording stated there is a network outage in my area, so there is something going on.