Quick question.

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
Quick question. I be just applied for service and when I submitted my order it said in red that they could not extended credit to me at this time. But I realized I selected the wrong credit card so they wasnt able to pull the $60 . By reading the comments over the last few months is that Viasat didn't deny new accounts for bad credit but if that charge front go thru they will deny the set up. Is this true? I don't want to go thru the whole thing again just for a waste off time. Could someone please offer so advise please and thank you. God bless! I really would like to try this service but not if it's going to be so huge hassle. Once again Thank you.
Photo of Will Buckner

Will Buckner

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • confused

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
The hassle starts after you get everything installed :(
Photo of Will Buckner

Will Buckner

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I can't get that far. Lol I just want to know if it's worth me even trying. I don't have that bad of credit but it said my credit was bad but then I noticed I used the wrong card. Got 2 similar cards 1i never had and had no money on it.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3094 Posts
  • 1983 Reply Likes
Will, since you used a bad credit card number, they could not approve your application. Just reapply using a valid credit or debit card (with sufficient funds available) and you should have no problem.
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
Just call em back give em a new card number retry it should be all you need far as i know : ) theyre open 24 7 and yea its def worth trying if its your only option , if you can get cable or anything else id go with it first and get satellite as a last resort lol 
Photo of Gwen

Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
keep us updated : )
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes what Gwen said.  If dialup is the only option, sign up as Viasat is better.  If other options are available, look carefully and know what you're getting into.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1866 Posts
  • 1159 Reply Likes
It's a little difficult to decipher what you're trying to ask in your post, but if you're asking if ViaSat will deny you service after your credit has been approved, I don't see why they would, as they would tell you if service wasn't available at your location right from the start.  

If you're asking whether ViaSat is a service that's worth it, it all depends on what you have to choose from.  If you're limited, like most of us, it's satellite or dialup.  Between the two, satellite is better, of course.  If you have some other ground based service available, like cable, fiber or even high speed DSL, I'd go with the ground based service.  Satellite internet isn't designed to compete with ground based services, nor can it, save for maybe slower DSL.  

If you have a good cell signal, that service may be worth looking into, as well.  
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 217 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Call a local Dealer, best advice...