Questions about Canceling my service

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
I might have to cancel my service soon.I can't really afford it at the moment.Is there a way I can disconnect Exede for a while and come back to it in a few months time?
Photo of Alex Murray

Alex Murray

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1867 Posts
  • 1161 Reply Likes
Photo of Alex Murray

Alex Murray

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
That's really good news.Thanks GabeU
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 273 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Alex, are there any options for wireless internet in your area? I added a plan to my cell phone and it only bumped the bill an extra $38. Cheaper than satellite was and works better. I am a long way from any major town myself, but have a cell tower 2.54 miles away.
Photo of Alex Murray

Alex Murray

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
how much data do you get?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 648 Posts
  • 402 Reply Likes
Depends on the provider. Verizon I think is offering 30GB right now, but I think others offer "unlimited" which may or may not be as unlimited as Viasat's plans.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 273 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
For that $38 I only get 15GB, but when I went over on purpose and got throttled I could still watch low resolution video and listen to internet radio. When I got throttled with Viasat on my 12GB plan I ended up with internet that wasn't even usable for anything. For the record even on a good day my Viasat wasn't very good. It seems wireless and satellite providers change what they offer quite often. Looks like Verizon killed all their unlimited priority data plans.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 648 Posts
  • 402 Reply Likes
They did. Unless you are grandfathered with one.
Photo of Alex Murray

Alex Murray

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Will Seemore- That's not a bad plan.I have already went over my 12 GB data and I am still able to watch youtube videos and watch movies on Amazon Prime during the day time.I get slow speeds around 5 pm to 11 pm.I guess it depends on your location
(Edited)
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 273 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Alex, Viasat also yanked that 12GB plan away from my zip code. The price for the minimum plan doubled. They also have started charging for installation. Viasat seems to be aggressively trying to raise their average revenue per customer. Location is everything as stated above. My nearest neighbor is only 1/4 mile away, yet their cell service is worse than mine and so was their satellite internet.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 273 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I have no doubt Nathan has great service from Viasat, what I don't like is the way he acts toward current and ex-customers who have or had poor service. He seems to imply the people are not being truthful, exaggerating their problems, or they have unresolved technical issues that informed customers get taken care of.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 648 Posts
  • 402 Reply Likes
I use to be a big proponent of Viasat too. Not anymore. Their variable plan pricing (same plan...different prices) and what they did with the 150GB priority customers was the final straw (I could list other issues, but won't).

This level of customer service will eventually catch up with a company. They quit listening to dealers and customers awhile ago. At some point, karma will come pay a visit to them.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2687 Posts
  • 1402 Reply Likes
I wonder what Andy would say if he were still with us.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 648 Posts
  • 402 Reply Likes
He is. I could say more, but to quote Jack Nicholson, you can't handle the truth. Lol

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.