Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.
Three hours into a new service period, I went from 0% to 70% usage. I called and was given a bunch of maybes and what ifs, but was advised to call the Service line as they would have the exact method to see what had happened. Not only did they not have any clue as to what data was being used, the person went on to tell me that he was sure that video streaming consumed 8 GB per minute and watching a little YouTube video consumed all my BW. I tried to correct him on his error, but he said he would have to research with someone else later but he was SURE that he was right. I disconnected my modem at that time and used my cell phone wi-fi for all of my internet needs. Over the past 2 weeks, I have logged only 3.2 GB of use with cell data...but INCREDIBLY I used another 1.5 GB of data on Exede with the modem physically disconnected. I see that there are others reporting this anomaly on this forum and would like to say that the lack of technical expertise with this outfit is appalling. My solution is to cancel my service and use my cell phone from now on. 4 G is pretty fast and serves my purposes better that this did.