Problem with Usage Meter - There is still a problem but now it has compounded!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. No need for further response.

What in the world is going on? It has been 24 hours and finally my page has changed - sort of only now it is still not reflecting that I have any time. What is with the 1GB? I have the Evolution package and am supposed to have 5GB for other than email and web browsing....at least that is what I signed up for....or am I mistaken? I explained what occurred in my original post but some how now things are totally messed up. Let's try again: Why does this say 1GB under the Buy More tab? I didn't buy more - what I was told on Aug 17 was that a supervisor from Customer Service did that to just get the system jump started since it wasn't recognizing that A. It was the day after my normal roll over date and I should not have been marked as over my limit and B. that I was now on the Evolution package. Would/could someone PLEASE fix this? I am honestly trying to be patient - mistakes happen but this has been one mess after another and it doesn't seem as though it should be that big of a deal to make it right.

Usage Meter Your monthly data allowance 0.0 GB Data allowance used
(current period) Total usage: 0.0 GB Amount remaining
in current period 0 GB

Your usage will be reset to zero on 09/16/2014.
Your measurement period: 08/16/2014 - 09/15/2014

Current Service: Exede Evolution - Web+Email

You currently have the Exede Evolution plan. Please note:

• Your web page and email usage is not counted in the meter shown here (since it's unlimited 24/7).
  • The meter doesn't count ANY usage during the Early Bird Free Zone (3 a.m. - 8 a.m. daily)
Buy More Buy More purchased 1.0 GB Buy More used
(current period) 0.1 GB Amount remaining in current period 0.9 GB 0.1 GB 0.0 GBYourcurrent usageas of 08/25/2014

Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Billy Hearnsberger

Billy Hearnsberger

• 59 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Beats me...My 10 GB plan reset on 8/20/14..This morning it showed  I had used about one half of 1 GB..Now they say I have used 4.27 GB's and the customer service rep told me that I used 4 G.B.'s between 4;15 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. today
only web browsing..She said if I was on the Evolution plan I would not have used any of my data so I am considering switching to Evolution plan but it sounds like things are just as messed up with this plan..   
Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Response to you below.
Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
There are a lot of similar complaints on here about time suddenly being burned up. I try to be careful about my use but last month I had problems with the 10GB plan so I switched on the 16th of this month. I have noticed the last couple of months that it appeared that my time burned very quickly. I did get help on a Sunday afternoon from a great guy in Tech and he finally figured out that the problem I was showing with use at that time was probably with Dropbox which I had just installed. I downloaded the files to Dropbox during the free time but didn't shut it down completely and it apparently was drawing. He told me to delete the app from my computer and just use Dropbox via the webpage. I disabled the movies thing on Facebook as soon as I was able to do that because that annoyed me anyway and got rid of the "Trending" thing on there too. I also don't leave my browser open with Facebook on there so I have been really careful. Since the 16th I have no idea what kind of time I've used. If I can get things straightened out with the usage page I am hoping I will be okay on this plan. I think whether a person can get by on satellite depends on what they expect from it and what they like to do on the Net. I do use the web and email quite a bit but don't play games or download TV shows or movies and don't watch YouTube. We have satellite (a different service) for our TV service so I see no reason to use the internet for that but that is just my situation, others may have different preferences. Don't know if my info will help in your decision. One thing I will tell you don't switch until your month is over. If you do they will take away any remaining time and prorate the days that are left and you will be paying a lot more than you ever expected. I was originally planning to go to 15GB and when I called some fellow in Customer Service told me that I would have a refund for any remaining time (he was new and was mistaken). I asked him to tell me exactly how much my next bill would be and the numbers just didn't add up. We went over it again and again and what he was telling me didn't make sense. I told him I didn't want to change. I waited a while and called back and got another person who knew what she was talking about and found out about them prorating the remaining days. That is why I waited until the 16th, my roll over date, to make the change.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
R Frederick,

I've had another customer with the same question.  I don't believe it's affecting your data allowance, but will be more than happy to research this information for you.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you.  Thanks.
Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for responding. I managed to get through to someone at Customer Service this morning and it has been escalated to see if they can fix the problem. They said they need 3 days to fix it. There were some problems with the phones on Exede's end this morning and the third time was the charm. The woman who finally was able to assist me was most gracious and helpful. She deserves a gold star because I was starting to feel a bit cranky by the time I spoke with her. I believe she said her name was Janeen. At this point I guess all that can be done is to wait and see if the tech people can get this problem resolved. I feel sorry for anyone else who is having this same problem but at the same time I'm glad it is not just me. Thanks again if this doesn't work I will be back :-)
Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Bump.
Photo of R Frederick

R Frederick

• 114 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
This has been fixed at last - thanks Exede.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.