Presidents Day

• Praise
  • Updated 10 months ago
I think a little humor is needed for many of us to counter harsh comments being made in our forum, so:

On Jan 21st the 3rd grade teacher was sipping her coffee and asked the class if they knew what day it is...all the class responded "It's Presidents Day"

OK she said, "what's the meaning of Presidents Day"?

Little Johnny jumped to his feet and blurted out "Presidents day is the day the President goes outside of the White House and if he sees his shadow we will have another year of lies and BS"

She said "ouch, it really burns when you snort hot coffee through your nose"  ☺☺☺

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 427 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
  • Humor

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 427 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
Image may contain text
Photo of Dio Brando

Dio Brando

• 84 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Any specific president you'd be referring to?
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 426 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
The joke is designed for you, or anyone, to plug-in their choice of Presidents that they think best fits the mold...Do it mentally, don't post it here..☺☺☺
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
Millard Fillmore - now all of the Whigs will becoming out of the woodwork.
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3504 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
You're on thin ice now Casual Observer! 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Tippacanoe and Tyler too!
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
You're on thin ice now Casual Observer!

I know you warned me below - mea culpa. Some of my best friends are Whigs.

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Come on Viasat! Make Our Internet Great Again(MOIGA)!
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 185 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Wonder if Trey Gowdy would come speak for us? Where is Trey when we need him? lol
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
I feel like WM4bama is trying to ease the tension in the air with humor. His joke appears to be evergreen and not slanted one way or another politically  so I will keep it on.

Just because that's a subject that turns into a lit powder keg, please refrain from any personal insults or fights on here ( Nobody is doing that now but I'm just putting it out before it happens...seen far too many news comment sections go into chaos). 
(Edited)
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Good joke Bama, but I don't think it's gonna do much to help customers feel any happier. A lot of upset people here and I don't blame them. Viasat is doing a great job of alienating their customer base, mostly longtime customers of over 10 years.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
I was alienated from the beginning, my service was constantly poor for the 7+ years I had it. It seems here in Central Va we have the worst of everything. My closest neighbor almost 1/2 mile away used to have dial up, it was the slowest dial up I ever saw. She used it mostly for e-mail and looking for recipes. Even pages of just text could take minutes to load. It wasn't a computer problem either.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
So PEBKAC?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
I had to look up PEBKAC, not the case. I never ran a speed test, but it was flat out the fact the dial up was so congested that it wasn't even getting anywhere near 56k of the old dial up days. Everything but the service checked out fine.
(Edited)
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
So I can put you down as not liking bama's joke?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Not sure what you mean, I am confused by both your responses. On the other hand I have no problem with the joke. Unlike a lot of biased people I think most politicians in this country are phony chronic liars no matter what party they are from.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
Well, that puts us on a level playing field. Your posts confuse me... you've moved on from Viasat but apparently Viasat is still living rent free in your head.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bama was seeking to lighten things up.

(Edited)
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
They aren't living "rent free" I am here to do my civic duty and inform people to keep exploring options to get away from VIASAT in areas where their service is terrible.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
So they're paying you for the space they're  subletting in your mind?

You should run for office.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Got to get you into my life!

Viasat!
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 438 Reply Likes
If Al is being paid rent by Viasat, then does this not make him a paid anti-shill? Asking for a friend, the elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna.

If so , a fiendishly clever strategy on Viasat's part to jettison residential subscribers.

Al is apparently still unaware this conversation is dedicated to "a little humor", yes, I know very little. 
(Edited)